Each race's campaign motivations & starting status revea

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sirist
Black Guard

Post by Sirist »

Fingol Darkwater wrote:The Von Carsteins all have huge man-crushes on Mannfred and won't follow anyone else.

Oh my gods Fingol. XD That made my damn day.

As for us, I originally thought about setting up some hardcore cooperation between our potential allies; skaven, ogres, chaos dwarfs, etc. But after looking at our fluff again, I'd personally just be content in raiding. This way, we'd stay under the radar screen and be able to gather enough resources to rebuild Tor Anlec with some proper defenses.

What do you guys think?

I don't know. I mean, you know how I am about politics. If we're going to do it, we better be damn well represented. But at the same time, it's a pain in the ass to get people to cooperate, especially the aforementioned VC. (Yes, I still begrudge them their aloofness in the ISC and HotW) But a united front certainly looks better than a divided one. The big problem I see to us joining up would be if we get the Crown, who gets it? We just leave it up to the battle stats? I guess if such a thing were to occur, I'd want to know what the reprecussions are on that front. If my worries are assuaged, I'm all for it, and I'd love to work with Hragged's lot at the Stronghold again.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I wouldnt worry about who gets the crown, the Dwarfs will get it in the end if they lose every game they play.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

The Von Carsteins all have huge man-crushes on Mannfred and won't follow anyone else. Not sure about the others, but maybe the Necrarch would follow Nagash?

Genius.

Oh, and the Necrarchs might side with Nagash. That's about it, though.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

We could bugger the crown and take Tor Thana (well the english among us could)

A message from Rackeith

"Come my brothers Ulthan is decadant, Naggaroth weak, Finubar a pretender and Malkeith an obsesive. Let us create a new state worthy of the sons of Anerion. The ancient city of Tor Thana lies within our grasp if we but reach out and claim it. Join me my brothers and let us establish a new empire in the heart of the Old World from which to terrorise the lands of men. Those who join me will be rewarded."
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

Bret:
Motivation - inter-politics (do not know about crown). Goblins fleeing from empire,dwarfs, etc. and massing for search in Bret lands. Bret lords get rewards for these victories i.e. are given more land. King lacks enough land or just does not want to give more - so occupying parts of the empire to 'protect' said parts from Goblins seems like a great way to get land...since it is in the guise of aiding Empire
Intent - satisfy lords and grab empire land
SitRep - massing forces to march to empire to 'protect' them

In short, invading the EMpire :)

Anyway thw part on skaven is quite bad IMO. GW states that skaven can easily gain access to the great forest. why can't the faction have a greater more direct role in the campaign
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Because they havent realesed any new skaven models recently.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Livefromnaggaroth
Executioner

Post by Livefromnaggaroth »

It's quite obvious all the races with new models have been chosen as the focus of the campaign. Sad though it may be for us druchii, that's just sensible marketing. I agree the Dwarfs will obviously get the crown, as they'd destroy it and thus there'd be no need to rewrite ALL the fluff on the Old World races to account for the fact that the Dwarfs are now all-powerful. Not that they weren't invincible already (that bastard Thorgrim in his bathtub!).

I say we re-establish our stronghold on Ulthuan while Teclis is prancing around in the Old World!
Vel demere
Dark Rider

Post by Vel demere »

Great idea to re-establish a stronghold on Ulthan, however I don't think this campaign will allow for that as it is taking part entirely in a part of the Empire, some races fluff may change from this (i.e. the upcoming army books, possibility of Nemesis Crown going to Ulthan?) but the only territory that may change is within the Empire. As it is not encompassing the Northern coastline I don't think we will be able to establish a colony there and keep a supply line.

Just my thoughts though.
Sirist
Black Guard

Post by Sirist »

Vel Demere wrote: As it is not encompassing the Northern coastline I don't think we will be able to establish a colony there and keep a supply line.

Just my thoughts though.
I agree with your observation, but now we're trying to apply common sense to what GW does/expects of us. :P
Vel demere
Dark Rider

Post by Vel demere »

From all that I have read on other forums it would not appear that there is a specific goal for us as yet, but with time to write new fluff into the army book I would think they are keeping their options open. Presently us, the woodies and ogres seem to be 'shoe-horned' in. I suspect that will change as the story develops. There are the obvious boals as spoilers, e.g. capturing dragons eggs in Draken downs, raiding prominent human settlements such as Delberz, preventing the High Elves from capturing the Ruins of Tor Thana. Each location seems to have one of these. I do not think it is beyond the realms of possibility we would be able to capture the crown, again in time for the new book. On the whole the 'good' races will destroy the crown the 'evil' ones will try to use the crown.
Malekith's psychologist
Beastmaster
Location: can't u feel my breath on the back of ur neck?maybe the cold steel on ur throat gives u a clue

Post by Malekith's psychologist »

I heard that there are dragon eggs somewhere in spain, count me in to secure them so our armies may crush those filthy Asur!!! (i live in spain)
DiscipleOfKhaine said:
Im not saying that makes them unworthy of a model, Im just saying...that Malekith is the greatest elven king in the history of the world and I will never concede otherwise.
Livefromnaggaroth
Executioner

Post by Livefromnaggaroth »

Vel Demere wrote:Great idea to re-establish a stronghold on Ulthan, however I don't think this campaign will allow for that as it is taking part entirely in a part of the Empire, some races fluff may change from this (i.e. the upcoming army books, possibility of Nemesis Crown going to Ulthan?) but the only territory that may change is within the Empire. As it is not encompassing the Northern coastline I don't think we will be able to establish a colony there and keep a supply line.

Just my thoughts though.

True enough. Though the campaign map doesn't include any coastal areas; and our fluff indicates that's where we'll be active. Perhaps it is time for the Dark Elves to add Albion to their empire? Think about it; In between the Old World and Naggaroth, and if it's anything like Great Britain (which it's obviously based on) there should be some mining to be done there! I don't think any race has claimed any of it, have they? Let the bulk of the slaves toil there; away from the easily offended noses of our nobles!

Let's just run another black ark aground, apparently there's an endless supply of them these days anyway.
Stormbrow ii
Trainee Warrior

Post by Stormbrow ii »

Let's just run another black ark aground, apparently there's an endless supply of them these days anyway.

:lol:
They seem to have run out of ideas when they tried to shoehorn in some of the races all right - expect tonnes of "great" reasons to have those mostly-ignored army take part in the campaign.
Getting out of jury duty is easy. The trick is to say you're prejudiced against all races.

Homer Simpson
Casual malevolence
Dark Rider

Post by Casual malevolence »

The WE motivation is already a lame catch-all; defend the forest...kill everyone harming the forest. Isn't that their motivation for everything they've ever done since establishing their crappy Brettonian fief of a kingdom?
I'm afraid my mask of sanity is about to slip.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Well from the Nemesis crown site which just opened up, apprently the crown can not be destroyed? saying this, this could mean that all our expectations of GW have been false, maybe they will award the Nemesis crown to the winning race. And dont worry everyone, it also says that we also do have a chance of obtaining the Nemesis Crown, though a long way off. We shall be plundering the lands of the Empire, and killing a few armies we come across, the Empire shall be and will be weakened after this Campaign. It also says that a mad Night Goblin ran off with the crown, into the great Forest. He is Probably Dead by now, for whoever is even near the crown is turned mad with greed, and will slay even his best friend for it. Not a problem for us druchii ey ;)
But Seriously, if Malekith gets his hands on this Nemesis Crown, he could go mad, even slay Morathi if she looks at the crown upon his head. Now that I have read most of the stuff on the Site, it has come more clear to me, that this i a very well done Campaign.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Isn't that their motivation for everything they've ever done since establishing their crappy Brettonian fief of a kingdom?

More or less.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Vel demere
Dark Rider

Post by Vel demere »

In the previous fluff they were saying that the Dwarves could destroy the crown. It seems fluff-wise most of the other good races have agreed to hand the crown over to them to be destroyed (not sure whether GW will allow this)

The question is what will they do with the rules for the crown when a race gets it. Will it remain unavailable to army lists i.e. used by a non listed character, or will they put its rules in WD (something they said they would no longer do in 7th Edition).
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

"But Seriously, if Malekith gets his hands on this Nemesis Crown, he could go mad, even slay Morathi if she looks at the crown upon his head. Now that I have read most of the stuff on the Site, it has come more clear to me, that this i a very well done Campaign."

What you dont think Malikith is mad already? Frankly if you put that crown on a Druchii or Skaven head and I doubt you would notise much of a differance in charactor.

I have allways been under the impression that the Dwaves were just going to seal it away again and as far as I am aware the High elves are the only ones who intend to let them. Sure the empire say that they will destroy the crown if its evil but I am fairly sure what will hapen if Karl Franz gets his hands on the crown and I think it will involve alot of Brettonians with considerably fewer limbs than is usual.

Gentleman of Moderation
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

and as far as I am aware the High elves are the only ones who intend to let them.

The Asur and Lizzies want the NC destroyed.

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Yhea I supose the lizzies as well but then GW has already writen them out of the campaign.

Gentleman of Moderation
Vel demere
Dark Rider

Post by Vel demere »

It depends what you are listening to, the Dwarves at bugmans are convinced they can destroy the crown. That is why they have signed up the ogres and woodies, already the Bretts and high elves are keen to give it to them. They have also signed up the greenskins and VC as fluff allies. I know this will not count for much with GW but they seem the fiercest agressors in this campaign.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Drainial Shadowheart wrote:"But Seriously, if Malekith gets his hands on this Nemesis Crown, he could go mad, even slay Morathi if she looks at the crown upon his head. Now that I have read most of the stuff on the Site, it has come more clear to me, that this i a very well done Campaign."

What you dont think Malikith is mad already? Frankly if you put that crown on a Druchii or Skaven head and I doubt you would notise much of a differance in charactor.

I have allways been under the impression that the Dwaves were just going to seal it away again and as far as I am aware the High elves are the only ones who intend to let them. Sure the empire say that they will destroy the crown if its evil but I am fairly sure what will hapen if Karl Franz gets his hands on the crown and I think it will involve alot of Brettonians with considerably fewer limbs than is usual.

Malekith isn't mad...he wouldn't be fit to rule a kingdom if he was, how you think he can be such a excellent General?
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite