Tomb Kings lore question

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Silic
Noble

Tomb Kings lore question

Post by Silic »

Was glancing over my Tomb Kings book, I stumbled upon this line:

"...Alcadizaar... was mysteriously freed from his prison by a group of hunched, heavily cloaked creatures. A powerful blade was pushed into his hands, and he stumbled into Nagash's throne room."

Alcadizaar defeats Nagash, and both dissapear. So is there any speculation on who the "creatures" are, or what blade is being talked about?
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

The creatures are Skaven, and the sword is the Fellblade. Taken from the VC section from GW.
Last edited by Aspiring executioner on Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

Per chance you know the page number off the top of your head?
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

Sorry was mistaken, its not in the book its on the VC section of GW UK.
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
No one
Noble

Post by No one »

it's also in the background stories in the rulebook
'with hatred all things are possible' -Malus of Hag Greaf-

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"
Dggrj
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Dggrj »

Sorry, don't have a TK book, and I know I should know more about Nagash from his involvement with DE, but... can you give more info on both of them, please?

Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Dggrj
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Dggrj »

Snap! What do you think about that last line of the intro, "Nagash will return next year as the special character in the Tomb Kings army." ??
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

theres been allot of talk about his return, and theres also been some talk of a merge between VC and TK, but as a new VC book has just been done i think that seems very unlikely. gone are the days when the undead went to battle under one banner.

have a search on the forums and you'll find a few threads on the big guy himself with some interesting insights into possibilities...
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

Mr_PieChee wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagash_(Warhammer)

wikipedia knows everything

Awesome link. All hail wikipedia!
Sidorio
Assassin

Post by Sidorio »

wikipedia... the source of all knowledge and savior of the lazy school student.
don't know about the return of nagash, but it was definately skaven and the fellblade.
Vash’nir - WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: 2 asrai short swords, assassins dagger, silver dagger, modified repeater crossbow (20/20), hunting spear, Cloak of Dusk, full leather armour
Inventory: talisman of protection, talisman of night, smoke bombs x6, rope x2, healing balms x10, climbing axe x2, skinning knives, winter gear, Vikarh map, pouch of powder, 4 fire bombs
Mount: Dark Steed (Falken)
Gold: 2270
Skills: Stealth, Two Weapon Fighting, Basic Ride
Class: Shade
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

The return of Naggash seems about as likely as the return of Sigmar to me. It sounds like the usual rubbish you get with an unveted site, some times, too often realy, people print rummer as fact.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Nagash is almost god like in power now, with sorcery that can kick teclis into line and combat prowess to outdo the finest, if he was a special character in the tomb kings book he would surely be the most powerful character in the game, and given that he would need to be about 1000 points on foot with a bone chariot upgrade or whatever. I dont see it happening.
Milney
Beastmaster

Post by Milney »

Heartrender wrote:Nagash is almost god like in power now, with sorcery that can kick teclis into line and combat prowess to outdo the finest, if he was a special character in the tomb kings book he would surely be the most powerful character in the game, and given that he would need to be about 1000 points on foot with a bone chariot upgrade or whatever. I dont see it happening.

He wouldn't ever be a special character in the Tomb Kings book anyway - it was the Tomb Kings who 'killed' him with the Fellblade. Suffice to say, the Liche Priests hate him... with a passion.
"Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!"

W : D : L (7th Edition)
6 : 1 : 4
Sidorio
Assassin

Post by Sidorio »

Noy just the liche priests, Settta is out for his blood after awakening him from his slumber. frankly i wouldn't want Settra after me, i'd stay away, far away.
Vash’nir - WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: 2 asrai short swords, assassins dagger, silver dagger, modified repeater crossbow (20/20), hunting spear, Cloak of Dusk, full leather armour
Inventory: talisman of protection, talisman of night, smoke bombs x6, rope x2, healing balms x10, climbing axe x2, skinning knives, winter gear, Vikarh map, pouch of powder, 4 fire bombs
Mount: Dark Steed (Falken)
Gold: 2270
Skills: Stealth, Two Weapon Fighting, Basic Ride
Class: Shade