Emperors Children - 1500 points army list

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Emperors Children - 1500 points army list

Post by Kinslayer »

Emperors Children

160 - Lucius The Eternal

140 - Chaos Lord of Slaanesh
- twin-linked bolter, powerfist, terminator armour, personal icon

225 - 5 Chaos Terminators
- 3 powerfists, 2 pairs of lightning claws, 1 reaper autocannon

140 - 5 Possessed Chaos Marines
- possessed champion

130 - Chaos Dreadnought
- twin-linked lascannon, heavy flamer

245 - 10 Chaos Marines
- heavy bolter, meltagun, aspiring champion, powerfist, plasma pistol

80 - 5 Chaos Marines
- flamer

80 - 5 Chaos Marines
- flamer

35 - Chaos Rhino Transport Tank

35 - Chaos Rhino Transport Tank

65 - 5 Lesser Daemons

65 - 5 Lesser Daemons

100 - Chaos Predator
- autocannon, heavy bolter sponsons

_____

The basic idea is to have the terminators and lord at the center flanked on each side by a rhino containing the flamer units. To one side of that lies the possessed and dreadnought and to the other side is the chaos predator and large unit of chaos marines. Lucius travels in one of the rhino tanks ready to get into combat, and the lesser daemons can teleport directly in with Lucius, the 10-man squad, or the lord, as all 3 have a personal icon. In terms of modelling, everything except Lucius will be plastic apart from the dreadnought which will be the forgeworld resin sonic dreadnought.

What do you think of both the list and the tactics?
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

I like this list. However, a couple of small things. Take out the Possessed Champ, its only an extra attack, so points would be better spent elsewhere. I realise theres not much points to spare, but the 5 man units would be more effective with an extra man or two. And one should be equipped with Melta Gun for anti tank.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Thanks for the tips. Also i just realised i misread the "one model in the unit can have an icon" as "one model in the army..." hence why only one squad is marked as Slaanesh. I am going to work on a list with less chaos marines and more noise marines, and a lot more marks of slaanesh! I will post it up in the same thread here once im done. Thanks again
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

If you need extra points to spend, maybe take the Lord out, as you already have Lucius.
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Better yet, take out the Possessed altogether, they're crap. Take out the Dreadnaught too if you haven't bought the model yet - that's crap too unless given two close combat arms. Put those points into more Chaos Marines and Noise Marines, if you value your theme. The least you could do to your Rhinos is put havoc launchers onto them, as well - hilariously good upgrades, you can drop off your squads then go hunting for light targets with them, they make your Rhinos halfway Razorbacks without losing the transport capacity.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854