MY GT List

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dumbledore
Dark Rider

Post by Dumbledore »

Of course! I wasn't thinking, been really thick today and missed the paper - no crossword warm-up and I'm hardly likely to get that clue.

Ps mitch I've been re-painting the saurus riders of my cold one cavalry. Blending then highlighting every inch of them, every scale. Looking really great but taking so long. At least it's satisfying work. Only done two so far, but they should go quicker now...
One day all my saurus and skinks will be like this. Being broke and therefore not able to afford new models facilitates this procedure, admittedly.
Kaseliegth
Executioner

Post by Kaseliegth »

Well hopefully if i can get the greater daemons or dragons shot a couple of times with my bolt throwers or get them into combat with my lord ill be happy.

Has anyone had any joy taking Crystal of Midnight to the GT. I was thinking of taking it but the last few games they've been passing the Ld test so it's been a waste of points.
Kaseliegth
Executioner

Post by Kaseliegth »

Hello again

Well i played a Daemon army on Sat and killed everything. Everything performed really well.

I also played a VC army and well everything didn't go according to plan. I played the Battle for the pass mission.
I really don't like this one due to my movement is really resricted.

Everything i was happy to take on untill he put out a unit of 6 Wraiths out.

He was really magic heavy and my 2 scrolls got used up on turn 2. I through all my magic at the unit of Wraiths but he just scrolled or beat my casting roll.

How do you take care of wraiths with dark elves?
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

With your army? spells and hoping he'll charge your BG with the wraiths (no, he won't)

With other options?
Pendant BSB cruise missile is one.
Dragonlords with magic weapons can kill them in 2-3 phases of combat as well.
Overwhelming magic is another way (10+ levels)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

I faced 3 VC in this 5 game tournament last weekend... I threw my Lord at most of them, solo, it backfired once when a banshee caused 2 wounds on stand&shoot. Otherwise I killed them with ease due to Banshees being challenged and thus winning with overkill.
Kaseliegth
Executioner

Post by Kaseliegth »

Thanks guys.

I was looking at the Dreadlord charging after them.