3k list.

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Enkiel
Assassin

3k list.

Post by Enkiel »

Since 8th ed. release, i been playing Ogres, with more or less success (well, definately more success than in 7th, but still). Last weekend i decided to take a break from them and show up on a small friendly tournament with my Dark Elf army, and well, it hooked me back to the little pointy ears.

With the first big tournament around here coming in november, i'm now considering bringing my Dark Elfs to the party.

I havent played them much (a whole 2 games, with 1500 pts of them), so i'm not 100% sure how they work out yet, but still, here's my idea of 3000 pts...

Lord (526 pts)
Supreme Sorceress lvl4 with Sacrificial Dagger and Lore of Shadow

Dreadlord with AdditionalHandWeapon, Heartseeker, ArmourofDarkness, PendantofKaeleth

Heroes (330 pts)
Sorceress lvl2 with TomeofFurion and Lore of Dark
Death Hag with Dance of Doom, Standard Bearer and Standard of Hag Graef

Core (750 pts)
27 Corsairs with Musician, Reaver, StandardBearer and BannerOfEternalFlame
28 Warriors with Musician, Lordling, StandardBeaerer, and Shield.
2x5 Dark Riders with Musician and RepeaterCrossbow.

Special (713 pts)
37 Witch Elves with Hag, Musician, StandardBearer, BannerOfMurder
20 BlackGuard with TowerMaster, StandardBearer, IroncurseIcon

Rare (525 pts)
3xWar Hydra

Do Not Count (151 pts)
Assassin with TouchOfDeath, RuneOfKhaine, AdditionalHandWeapon

I'm not a fan of having a BSB in a unit so easy to decimate, but I dont think a Master has much more chance of surviving considering his choice of Units.

I considered using a CoB (used to love it in 7th, using it as my BSB), but somehow i feel that the 8th edition is not really kind to it.

Goal is to just try to move as fast as possible, to the front, while dodging War Machines, and hoping for some good hunting with the Dark Riders. 3 Hydra is more to try and save my Witch Elves from being targetted, as i think they're great fire magnet.

What you guys think?

Oh and yeah, its not to be played in a friendly environment.
Camaris
Black Guard

Post by Camaris »

The list seems to be looking pretty good. I would, however, recommend a few tweaks:

If you like the COB BSB, I would highly recommend switching out your death hag for her. Your current death hag can essentially be killed by rank and file soldiers, since they can direct all their supporting attacks into her, so she's pretty much only used for fluff lists these days. The COB, however, is awesome in 8th. It's very hard to kill, and since 8th has put such an emphasis on BSBs and infantry, having a BSB that makes your infantry better is exceedingly useful.

Since you said this is not a friendly environment, I would look into giving your dreadlord the crown of command(stubborn) instead of heartseeker. This essentially allows him to charge units all by himself, and hold them off.

If you can find points, give the lv 2 the seal of ghrond. I have found that the seal is very useful due to the fact that DD are random, now.

As a personal preference, I like to give BG the banner of murder instead of witch elves. The reason for this is that the -2 to armour allows the BG to target higher armour opponents such as chaos warriors, etc...

-Be careful with your assassin, since he can die to mass rnf attacks, now. Basically, when you reveal him make sure he'll be doing massive amounts of damage in the first round of combat so he can make up his points, such as killing the enemy BSB or general.
Too cold
Executioner

Post by Too cold »

Pretty good advise and I like the list. Either way, it will be fun
Too Cold

Only Khaine can judge me!