New to Tournaments 2400points

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kaseliegth
Executioner

New to Tournaments 2400points

Post by Kaseliegth »

Hello all
I’ve been out from playing for a while and decided to jump into the deep end by going to a 2400 point tournament next month.
Here is the list I’m thinking of taking to it, there are a few restrictions for dark elves (0-1 Hydra and only a max of 90 shots per army). You can only also generate no more than +2 power or dispel dice.

Dread lord -Blood Armour, Crimson of Death, Pendant of Khaeleth, The Other Tricksters Shard, Cold one

Sorceress - Lv2, Tome of Furion, Dispel Scroll, Lore of Shadow

Master – Dark Pegasus, Sword of might, Cloak of Hag Graef, Heavy Armour, Shield

Death Hag – BSB, Cauldron of Blood

20x RXBmen – Musician, Standard, Shields

20x RXBmen – Musician, Standard, Shields

30x Warriors – Musician, Standard, Shields

11 Cold One Knights - Full Command, Standard of Hag Graef, Ring of Hotek

6x Harpies

7x Shades - Additional hand weapons.

War hydra

Chariot

Total of 2389 points

Well what do you think???
Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

you have 2x20(rxb) + 2x20(rxb) + 2x7(shades) + 1x4(chariot) = 98 shots
Dunya
Executioner

Post by Dunya »

Looks ok,

If you really want to make that Cold One unit unpleasant, maybe consider trading your pegasus Master for a Hydra Banner BSB. Coupled with +1A from the CoB that should be pretty disgusting. The RoH isn't that great anymore, I would rather give the Champ a Whip of Agony or some MR.

I would try to work in one more hammer to relieve some of the attention from your CoK, maybe 21 Corsairs to replace an xbow unit.
Tmarichards
Noble

Post by Tmarichards »

Would this be for Lightning Strike by any chance?
"he's got quite an arrogant british air about him that i used to think was really annoying but now it cracks me up.

"Tut, tut old lad! that's not how you play 'the Queen's' Warhammer!"
*takes sip of tea*"

Check out my Youtube bettle reports http://druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=68253
Kaseliegth
Executioner

Post by Kaseliegth »

Thanks for the replies.

I played against the new vampire counts the other day with the above army but removed 4 RXBmen and put in an other 5 Harpies.

I won the game in the end but it was a more friendly game as it was the 1st time my mate played with the new Vampires.

My coldone knights rolled over 40 skeletons in one round of combat but left Krell on 1 wound after combat res. they got charged by 80+ Zombies in the flank and the new mortis engine in the front. If i had killed Krell i would of overran into his bunker unit with all his charaters in. I killed enough Zombies to make Krell and the Mortis Engine crumble with combat res.

My RXBmen and scouts shot at the Morts Engine for several turns and was able to wound it but due to the new Vampire magic it was bumped up to full wounds all the time.

Harpies didnt do much just got in his way.

My Hydra was playing stay awat from the Hex Wraiths. These guys with magical flaming attacks that can just walk through you and with strength 5 really hurts. They did 4 wounds in one walk over my hydra.

The unit of 30warriors just helped out with there numbers where they could.

My Master on the Dark Pegasus really didnt do much apart from kill some fell bats with such huge units he was up against it. He would of just lost on combat res all the time. I couldnt get near to charge him in to take out any characters.

My chariot just got swamped the charge i made i rolled a 1 for impact hits :( typical.

Vampires can really easily raise more models now i feel but there easier to kill now as well without the crown of command.

Any more pointers would be gratfully recived.
Norse_malekith
Warrior

Post by Norse_malekith »

You have two arcana items on your sorceress, so either tome or scroll has to go...
Ichiyo1821
Highborn

Post by Ichiyo1821 »

At almost 2500 points I feel you should fit a Supreme Sorceress there...Magic gets pretty hard to dispel at that point level when you're getting hammered by a opposing level 4 wizard.
8th Edition

W/D/L
86/1/5

New AB
W/D/L
32/1/0

9th Age
W/D/L

Vae Victis
Character kill count -182

"To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

Armies
Dark Elves
Dark Eldar
Death Korps of Kreig
Kaseliegth
Executioner

Post by Kaseliegth »

I've been wondering if im making my life harder by not having a level 4 sorceress.

Does anyone play with a sorceress on a dragon? If so how do they get on?

How do Dragons in general get on in tournaments
Druchiinoob
Shade

Post by Druchiinoob »

awesome I think your friend posted on vampirecounts.net. Remember seeing 40 skelies being wiped out from cok. How many skelies did you actually kill before crumble? And how was krell ? is he anything to worry about?
Kaseliegth
Executioner

Post by Kaseliegth »

Krell has to challenge so my champ excepted and did 1 wound on him and received none back (he missed all his attacks) I did 21 wounds in total (ithink) and then after combat res he lost all the other skeletons and took another wound on Krell

Krell I found wasnt that bad, he is a character/monster killer though as each of his wounds do D3 and with 5 attacks WS5 and S5 + Great Weapon =S7 he can do some serious damage to the right targets.