2400pts vs Ogres

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kaseliegth
Executioner

2400pts vs Ogres

Post by Kaseliegth »

Hello Dark Ones

I would like your in-put please on my army list. This is totally different to the normal lists I use as i would like to see if i can change my gaming style if the need arise's

Im playing Ogres for the 1st time since the new ogre book has come out with my Dark Elves.

My list is as follows.

Supreme Sorceress - Lv 4, Dagger, Pendant with Shaddow.

Master - Pegasus, Heavy Armour, Shield, Whip of Agony, Cloak of Hag Graef.

Death Hag - BSB, Couldron of Blood.

Sorceress - Lv 2, Dispel Scroll, with Death.

26 Warriors full command

26 Warriors full command

10 RxBmen

10 RxBmen

30 Executioners - Full command, Standard of hag Graef.

5 Harpies

5 Harpies

Hydra

Hydra

5 Shades

The Army ill more likely be playing will include.
Tyrant
Brusier BSB
Fire Belly
Butcher
2 Units of 6 bulls
1 unit of 6 Iron guts
2 units of Lead Belchers
1 unit of 3 mournfang cavalry
1 Thunder Tusk
1 Iron blaster
and a stupid amount of nobblars

The plan. To redirect charges with the Harpies to hopefully gain flank charges with warriors and Executioners. If not get the charge off on him to stop impact hits and then flank with Master and Hydras.

The master can take out small units of Lead belchers.

The shades i was trying to get an assassin in but really not sure of spending the ammount of points on a 2w model which has no save.

The Rxbmen to take off any wounds they can to take out the rank bouns.

I've never played with Execututioners before but ive heard and seen how good they can be on their day.

My normal army has a lot more shooting only a lv2, a dreadlord on a coldone in a unit of 11 knights . Im not sure of the 2 hydras as his cannon has taken a spinx of mine out a turn. Hoping for the 4+ regen to work well.

The master is a new one for me to take to a game been thinking for a while about it so i put it in to see how it copes.

The only other thing i was thinking about was to take a lot of dark riders just to stay away and frustrate him with shooting but that wouldnt make a good game i feel.

Well let me know what you think and thanks in advance.
Arggg
Shade

Post by Arggg »

hey,

Sry to disappoint you but you can't take hag graef on execs cause you have a 25pts limitation on banners and HG costs 35 :/ so you have to ad a death hag bsb with HG OR you will lose many before striking back...
Generally,i think you lack a good anvil to hold the ogres...something like a 40-50 spearmen unit and also i tend to filed 2 units of coks cause they are very good hammers and flankers too due to their speed. :D .
One more think,in my opinion one unit of shades against ogres not too much od a punch better add more harpies on find a way to sqeesh a chariot or 2 :D
HATERS<3
http://www.thebrushes.blogspot.com/ - a friend's blog check it :D

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Kaseliegth
Executioner

Post by Kaseliegth »

Thanks and there i was thinking they had a 50point banner limit like coldones and black guard.

ok stupid question can the couldron of blood join the executioner unit?

It says that characters can't join. monsters, swarms, chariots, flyers and war machines. Similarly a character that its self is a monster or riding a monster or chariot cannot join units. page 97 of the rule book
Thatdave
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Thatdave »

As the CoB is a war machine it cannot join units.
Kaseliegth
Executioner

Post by Kaseliegth »

After getting home and looking in the book i relised that this army just wasnt viable. Bad thinking on my part.
Last edited by Kaseliegth on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaseliegth
Executioner

Post by Kaseliegth »

After getting home and looking in the book i relised that this army just wasnt viable. Bad thinking on my part.