Warriors
Knights
Chosen
Lords and Heroes
Sorcerers

Orcs and Goblins:
Arachnarok
Trolls

I'm looking to get these dark elves out so will consider all reasonable trades!
Last edited by Btomp85 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

With Ogres, repeater crossbows work wonders. Yes unless you use shadow magic or encant your unit with swords of whuin, it's going they will be weilding 5's, but you should get off enough shots, and most ogres have a 6+, maybe a 5+ save at best.

Against some of the foes such as the mournfang, stone horn and such, and chariots, lore of metal can be deadly.

Combat, witch elves, assassins with manbane and/or rending starrs, also work.

All other units, better up their stats with augments or they won't do much.

Executuoners with Death Hag with ASF banner also works here as they will actualy wound them regularly and also hit at their speed.

Wariors of chaos: Lore of metal, definitly. Bait some of the stronger units as chosen in clsoe combat, depending on their mark and gifts, can be very hammers (close clombat heavy) or anvils (defence heavy). So avoiding them should be a must.

Knights are taking up most of their poinsts, so easy point sinks. If he's smart, your opponent will have them makred with Tzeetch and use that banner that gives them a 5+ ward against range attacks.

Warriors also, depends if they are hammers of anvils. Either way, try and kill them from afar.

Unless trolls have a character or within inspiring presence, they will be slow. Once in combat, also slow (I1, my hydra jumps up and down for joy). They may opt to forgo normal attacks for each getting one sure shot with a troll vomit, which is auto hit S5, ignore armor.

If they make a number of saves with their mutant regenerater, they get to role on the eye of the gods chart.

Kill them with fire.

Hydras, especial if you team up with another unit, always a good choice. As is, they make their points and dollars/ponds/yen/rubies/euros/paypall/whatever back after a couple of games.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra