hatred hold or overrun against HE

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

kkokog
Slave (off the Altar)

hatred hold or overrun against HE

Post by kkokog »

hi fellow generals

i just played last week and i lost coz my opponent told me that hatred ALWAYS overrun or pursue.
i told him that only in the 7th ed 8th ed you can Restrain but i couldnt prove it coz i cant see it in the rule book.

please help

thank you
| W/D/L: 4/2/3 | No. of games: 11 |

OK 0/0/2 CDw 0/1/0 EM 0/0/0 BR 0/0/0
LM 0/0/1 WoC 0/0/0 DW 0/0/0 DE 0/0/0
HE 3/0/2 DoC 0/0/0 SK 0/0/0 BM 0/0/0
TK 1/0/0 O&G 0/0/0 WE 0/1/0
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: hatred hold or overrun against HE

Post by Thraundil »

Your opponent was wrong! Hatred only specifies rerolls to hit in first round of close combat. Thats it.

Frenzied units must pursue/overrun.

RAW: "A model striking a hated foe in close combat re-rolls all misses during the first round of combat — this represents the unit venting its pentup hatred upon the foe . After this initial blood-mad hacking, the impetus is considered to be spent — the rest of the combat is fought normally. Sometimes a model will only Hate a specific foe (rather than everyone). Where this is the case, the type of foe will be expressed in the special rule ,for example Hatred (Dwarfs)."

Another time, where a rule is questioned that will give him a huge advantage, ask HIM to prove it rather than just accept his (false!) ruling. You should tell him that he was wrong and as a result of this you would like to claim victory on accord of him cheating :)
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Geist
Noble

Post by Geist »

Hand your friend a 7th ed rule book and make sure he understands your playing 8th while he is recalling 7th ed rules.
Flyers for the win in 8th.

DEATH FROM ABOVE DRUCIH AIR CAV!!!!

The Machine will grind you down.

The League of Extraordinary Druchii
Dirty Mac
Assassin

Post by Dirty Mac »

We have a house rule that states, If you are contesting a rule, you have to prove it in either the rule book, or an army book, or a current FaQ.

Like the old, "I don't think you can march and shoot with a breath weapon" You can.
Rejoice and Revel in the Triumph of the Dark.

Gerner
Noble

Post by Gerner »

Dirty Mac wrote:We have a house rule that states, If you are contesting a rule, you have to prove it in either the rule book, or an army book, or a current FaQ.

Like the old, "I don't think you can march and shoot with a breath weapon" You can.

Sorry, but that sounds dump.
It would be like saying "I don't think you can fly." Then a person can fly, because there are no proof.
There are so many things not written in the rulebook regards things you can't do..
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Warhammer is a permissive ruleset. This means that if there's no rule explicitly allowing you to do somethinf then you can't do it.
If you claim you can do something and your opponent doesn't believe you, you should be prepared to defend your position.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16