Trying to post a battle chronicler report

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sulephett
Slave on the Altar

Trying to post a battle chronicler report

Post by Sulephett »

Hey,

I'm trying to post a battle report that I've created on battle chronicler but am not quite sure how.

When I try to add a HTML file to this post computer says no.

When I try to copy and paste it in it doesnt have pictures only text.

When I try to upload pictures of turns individually it says they're too big.

Help please?
Marchosias
Assassin

Re: Trying to post a battle chronicler report

Post by Marchosias »

Upload the image somewhere else on the net and then link. I use Photobucket, but there are surely many other possibilities.

For example, I have uploaded a picture to this address: http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz20 ... f75e34.jpg

Now I only have to press the "Img" button above and copy the link between the two img´s (i. e. [ img ] HERE [ /img] ).

Here you see the result:

Looking forward to reading about your accomplishments. :)
Sulephett
Slave on the Altar

Post by Sulephett »

Thank you Marchosias! :D

This is my first ever battle report so hope its not too shabby.

This was a fun game to try out some unusual units we wouldn't normally use - hence the squigs and beastlord and medusa e.t.c.

Overview
Date played: 13 January 2014

Dark Elves
General: John

• HB General, High Beastmaster
+ Scourgerunner Chariot
CoT, DS, LA, Ench S, SDC

• DR1 5 Dark Riders
Msc, Xbows, S, LA

• DR2 5 Dark Riders
Msc, Xbows, S, LA

• RBT Repeater Bolt Thrower

• RBT2 Repeater Bolt Thrower 2

• SP 20 Dreadspears
FC

• D1 12 Darkshards
Msc

• D2 12 Darkshards
Msc

• SS Supreme Sorceress
SD, Lvl 4

• S Sorceress
DS, Lvl 2

• CoB Cauldron of Blood
Death Hag, CoW

• BwS Blood wrack Shrine
Medusa

• SoS1 10 Sister of Slaughter

• SoS2 10 Sisters of Slaughter

• M Medusa

• Total: 2498 points

Orcs &Goblins
General: Steve
• OBB Orc Big Boss
General

• OB Orc Boss
BSB, AoSS

• OGS Orc Great Shaman
Lvl 4, ToP

• NGS Night Goblin Shaman
Lvl 2, DS

• NGA 60 Night Goblin Archers
SB

• F1 Fanatic

• F2 Fanatic

• F3 Fanatic

• OBU 50 Orc Big Uns

• SPW1 Snotling Pump Wagon
Pimped up

• SPW2 Snotling Pump Wagon
Slightly Pimped up

• SPW3 Snotling Pump Wagon
Not Pimped up

• GWC1 Goblin Wolf Chariot
3 Wolves

• GWC2 Goblin Wolf Chariot

• GWC3 Goblin Wolf Chariot

• ORL Orc Rock Lobber

• GDD Goblin Doom Diver

• GWR 5 Goblin Wolf Riders

• AS Arachnarock Spider

• SHerd 30 Squid Herders
10 herders, 20 Squigs

• Hop1 Squig Hoppers

• Hop2 Squig Hopper

• Hop3 Squig Hopper

• Hop4 Squig Hopper

• Hop5 Squig Hopper

Deployment:

Steve's Arachnarock cowered behind the building chittering madly.
I allowed him to set up his Doom Diver in the tower although it was debatable whether it was inside 12 inches, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.
I rolled Shroud of Despair, Arnizipitals Black Horror, Bladewind and Power of Darkness on Supreme Sorceress. Level 2 Sorceress got Word of Pain and Doombolt.
His Orc Shaman got Foot of Gork, Hand of Gork, Brainbursta and Edbutt. Goblin Shaman got Curse Vortex Spell and Gift of the Spider God.
We rolled 11 for terrain pieces so it was a busy battlefield. Starting at top left its a marsh, Tower of Blood, Settlement of Destruction including an Altar of Khaine(!), Wood (turned out to be normal wood when entered).
Statue of Gork (!) near bridge in middle.
I think Wizards tower in bottom left, normal walls all across the board, normal river, normal tower in my centre and Haunted mansion on bottom right.
He won the roll to vanguard and moved his Wolf rider forward preventing my dark riders from vanguarding within 12', so I went sideways instead. Dark Riders on the left moved 12' forward to centre.
On to first turn for DE.

Dark Elf turn 1

Dark Riders on left move up ready to charge rock lobber next go and unwittingly cause the Night Goblins to release their fanatics! (totally planned...not!)
Dark riders on right move up to point blank range and unleash crossbows into Wolf Riders, felling three, and causing the cowards to panic and run back towards thier lines.
General has bs of 8 so his bolt thrower hit unmodified on -1! With hard terrain, moved and long range he still has no problem hitting the doom diver in the building but only scores 1 when rolling to wound.
RBT on the left fires and rock lobber and kills it in one shot! (cheer)
Crossbows take out 1 Fanatic and do little else. RBT in tower misses I think.
Magic: Almost everything out of range so I stoopidly decide to use Doombolt from my Lvl 2 on a Fanatic with three dice just for something to do. She proptly miscasts, rolls Dimensional Cascade which results in a wound off her and the Medusa and 8! Darkshards dead. Lost dice and cast nothing more interesting.
Damn magic. But First blood to the Druchii!

O&G turn 1

Orcs go and Steve declares a charge with Golbin Wolf Chariot on the left but falils the charge and it just stumbles forward.
The remaining fanatic spins over the bridge looking slightly scary.
Squigs + Herders move out of the building and due to frenzy from tower of blood must move as close to enemy as possible.
2 of the pump wagons and the hoppers use their random movement to bump into friendly units which I didnt realize does no damage and stops them 1 inch away. I'm used to Doomwheels and Abominations which I'm sure do damage to slaves when I've used that tactic!
Gobbos move so the Dark Riders are in their forward arc and loose a withering hail (for goblins!) and kill 4 Dark Riders, but the last elf refuses to panic and stands.
Other two chariots try to position a little better and Steve sneaks his Pimped up Pump Wagon up the right flank behind the now rallied Wolf Riders. (He didnt relize Wolf Riders loose Fast Cavalry when they take light armour and shields, and I didn't realize until later in the battle)
The ENORMOUS slavering spider of death continues to COWER behind the building!
Magic follows the predictable pattern of Steve trying to cast Hand followed by Foot. I dispel Hand and am forced to use scroll on Foot. Not good.
Doom Diver fires at Darkshards 2 but scatters 10! inches and lands on top of Darkshards with Cauldron, Shrine and Sorceress which he keeps. 2 Spearmen killed and 1 wound off the shrine.

Dark Elf Turn 2:

Movement:
Sisters on left charge Chariot and make it.
Spears get the sorceress in position to cast while staying out of frenzied charge from squig herders.
Medusa moves up to turn her deadly gaze on the fanatic (it looks a long way on here but it was only her normal 7 inch move).
Last Dark rider decides to hide behind a wolf chariot to prevent Pump Wagon nastiness and get out of other charge arcs.
Beastlord inches forward, as do the sisters beside him.
I have no wish to face the Orc Big un horde if I can help it and have moved the Dark Riders into what I think is a sly position to force him to either charge them or delay for a turn.
Magic and Shooting:
Medusa turns the fanatic to stone! Love the image :o)
Shooting and Magic combined to remove 20 goblins from his regiment, making it a bit more of a manageable size.
Dark Riders on right take out 1 Orc Big un.
Beastlord fires at Doom Diver again, need a 2+ to hit....and rolls a 1! (Blind git does this once more in this battle :o(

O&G Turn 2:

Movement:
Night Gobbos fail animosity (Yay!) and try to charge Medusa but fail and stumble forward into the river (happy face)
Frenzied Squigs (which loose frenzy as they charge) make it to the Medusa.
He ******* around and dithers with his chariots.
Pump wagon in middle bounces of orcs again. Pump wagon on left goes crazy and shoots off the board for a turn while the snotlings have a fight!
Hoppers mill about doing not alot really.
He counters my Dark Riders with his tricksy Snotling Pump Wagon which I forget pivots then moves so moves through the forest (passing a dangerous terrain roll) and hits the Dark Riders in the flank (Not good).
Wolf Riders swing around the flank, possibly looking to die quicker?!?!
Magic:
IIRC he tries to get off Hand of Gork which I dispel, then he casts the Goblin Vortex spell at my second unit of Crossbowmen killing 4.
Combat:
Squigs make short work of the Medusa although she kills a couple of them, and they reform to face the Spearman unit.
Pump wagon mashes the Dark Riders and Steve decides not to overrun.

Dark Elf Turn 3:

Movement:
Crossbowmen shuffled sideways and Sorceress realized she couldn't take a look out sir! in the unit she was in so moved into the larger unit of crossbow men.
Spearmen unit charged squig herders.
Lone dark rider stoopidly charged Night Goblins...... I was hoping to put them in combat so the spear unit could overrun into them and have another round of combat. Unfortunately the spear unit only crawled forward for its overrun leaving the Dark rider alone against a horde of goblins :o(
Beastlord moves slightly back, as do Sisters...both keen on avoiding that Orc deathstar.
Sisters on left march as fast as their shapely legs allow to get back into the battle.
Shooting:
Because of the stupid charge with the Dark rider I now cannot shoot anything with the left RBT nor the two crossbowmen units so they stand around cheering the carnage in the middle of the field.
The Beastlord takes careful aim at the Doom Diver in the tower and finally hit him killing the little flapping maniac.
Magic:
Supreme Sorceress gets off Shroud and Bladewind on the Goblins. Then power of darkness to buff her unit. Tried to cast Black Horror (we still are unsure of rules of vortices when caster is in combat...rules say "can't target units in combat. Vortices say they dont have a target...clarification would be good!) and Steve used his dispel scroll. Had 11 power dice so quite successful magic phase.
Combat:
Spearmen annihilated the squig herder unit but crawled forward for their overrun.
The Dark Rider killed 2 Goblins with no damage back and due to the fact that the goblins had clipped into the river during thier animosity driven failed charge, they didnt have any rank bonus. Couldn't use general or BSB (even if they were in range) due to Shroud, and had -1 Lds.
So Steve needed less than 4 for the leadership test and the bastard rolled snake eyes :op

O&G Turn 3:

Movement:
Squig Hoppers charged the poor lone Dark Rider in the flank.
Steve's ability to roll double 1's annoys the hell out of me for Leadership tests but is hilarious for the Pump wagons :o)
Two of them go crazy, with one ploughing into his 2 remaining Wolf riders and mushing them, the other heading for a board edge.
His other pump wagon reappears on the board edge after having gone crazy last turn, but can't move this turn.
The giant death spider *finally* stalks over the building into the middle of the battlefield, thinking all is safe....
His Orc horde marches 8 inches forward then his shaman gets of Hand of Gork to move them to just on his side of the river....having noticed the nasty effect of the river on his gobbos.
the remaining goblin chariot mooches around picking flowers near the woods.
Magic:
Hand of gork on Orcs, dispelled Foot.
We forget about the vortex still on the board behind my second X-bowmen unit....and only remember it 2 turns later.... when I have to move a template of mine so we just cancel both as they are.
Combat:
Pump wagon kills wolf riders and reforms, Hoppers eat the last dark rider and overrun.
Goblins get ready for the spearmen charge.

Dark Elf Turn 4:

Movement:
Spearmen charge Night Goblins
Sisters on left try to join them but fail their charge.
Beastmaster puts chariot in reverse again and moves 4.5 inches backwards, Sisters beside him shuffle backwards out of the river but still far enough forward to prevent his Orc horde swinging past to hit general and prepare to go down fighting.
Crossbowmen with sorceress are wheel to the right for more targets.
(Movement of the squig hoppers is to show their overrun)
Shooting:
RBT on left can only shoot at Squig Hoppers so does so, killing 4 of the nasty beasties.
Both crossbowmen units and the the RBT on the tower unleash against the Spider, reducing it to 2 wounds! The beastlord then aims at the hulking beast, knowing his bolt thrower was designed to subdue such large animals and only needing anything except a 1 to hit....and rolls another fecking 1...leaving the spider still alive. :o(
Magic:
Supreme Sorceress gets off a Shroud, giving night goblins -1Ld which is cumulative with -1LD from Shrine, and not able to use either BSB or General's leadership.
Fury of Khaine from Cauldron on Spearmen and Power of Darkness on Spearmen giving them frenzy and +1 Str.
Everything else dispelled or doesn't cast.
Combat:
Spearmen unit kill 20 ish goblins to 2 in return., Steve can only pass leadership test with insane courage which he fails this time :o)
goblins flee, I take a Ld test to restrain pursuit as I'm pretty certain they wont rally that far from General and BSB.
Spearmen reform to face the back of Orc horde.

O&G Turn 4:

Movement:
Spider notices an opportunity and charges bolt thrower on tower.
Orc horde finally gets into combat, charging Sisters.
Pump wagon on right moves forward, then he casts Hand of Gork on it and moves it behind sisters, ready to charge my General (gulp!)...and I didn't know hand of gork can be used on chariots :o(
His pump wagon that came back on the board last go slams into the Spearmens flank.
The centre pump wagon, which didn't quite go off the board last go, chunders around the tower, with his last wolf chariot joining it.
The Night goblins fail to rally (thankfully) and move further towards the board edge.
The last remaining squig hopper sets his sight on the RBT and slips in-between two units.
Shooting:
None
Magic:
Orc Shaman gets off hand of Gork to move pump wagon.
Nowt else exciting.
Combat:
Orcs loose two big uns to Sisters, and Shaman looses 2 wounds (so close yet so far!). Sisters loose enough to cause panic test which they fail and are proptly killed by Pump wagon behind them.
I think the diagram is slightly out here as he chose to reform rather than overrun so I assume he wasn't able to hit the general with his horde (yet!)
The spider crushed the bolt thrower between his poisonous mandibles then overran to other side of the tower.
Pump wagon at the top killed 3 Spearmen with it's crushing impact hits and only took a wound in return. Spearmen lost combat but held, then after a leadership test reformed to face the wagon.

Dark Elf Turn 5:

Movement:
Remaining Sisters unit reformed and moved towards centre of battlefield.
X-bows 2 turned to face spider, X-bows 1 to orcs.
Magic:
Lvl 2 got a Doombolt off against spider but failed to wound.
Nothing else of note.
Shooting:
X-bows shot and killed spider, and other unit shot at Orcs but failed to do any damage.
RBT could only shoot at Squig hopper now so did so and killed it.
Combat:
General killed pump wagon and reformed to face the horde.
Spearmen killed the other pump wagon and reformed to face horde.

O&G Turn 5:

Movement:
The flower picking Chariot continues to meander across the battlefield.
Pump wagon tries to get to Spearmen but doesn't roll high.
Orc Horde charges general.
Shooting:
None
Magic:
I think he rolled 3 power dice and I channeled once giving three dispel dice. No magic successful.
Combat:
My General Challenged his cowardly General who refused and hid at the back.
Killed 4 orcs, while the chariot lost 3 wounds.
I lost combat but held, needing an 8.

Dark Elf Turn 6:

Spearmen charged pump wagon and slaughtered it.
Sisters moved up
Crossbowmen both shot at Chariot and did 1 wound.
RBT couldn't fire.
Beastlord killed 3 orcs but had his chariot cut from beneath him, lost combat by 1 but held again :o)
1+ re-rollable save really helping him out here.
(Cowardly Orc general refused the challenge again)
Supreme sorceress cast Black Horror, misfired on direction landing on her, failed the strength test then failed her 3+ ward save and proptly died.
Horror also hit the Shrine which passed its ward from the Cauldron's MR.

O&G Turn 6:

Could Steve get some much needed victory points from my General?
Short answer...no.
We had lost concentration a bit by now having played for about 8 hours.
General lost combat again and held again.
Chariot did some damage to Sisters and they lost but held.
End of game.
Haven't seen finalized Victory points yet but I think from a quick add up a CRUSHING victory to me :o)
Setomidor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Setomidor »

Great report! Looks like you should come out on top there even though the points aren't summed up yet :)

Impressed by your general on chariot, I would have though he would die quickly from a Doom diver or Rock lobba in the head. Instead, he actually survives the game!

I noticed that you had both CoB and Shrine in the same unit -- unfortunately, you can't do that :(
Sulephett
Slave on the Altar

Post by Sulephett »

Oops...you have a point there Setomidor.

Now I'll have the fun task of telling my m8 :(

Thanks for the feedback though!
Dragon9
Assassin

Post by Dragon9 »

'Grats on the win! Also, Pump Wagons cause impact hits. It has no special rules that allow him to not take wounds if he hits his own unit. If he uses his own unit to stop it's movement, it's going to take impact hits, there's no way of getting around it.
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image