1500pt Slaughter of Noble Knights

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Taijushue
Cold One Knight

1500pt Slaughter of Noble Knights

Post by Taijushue »

Played a quick game against my buddies 1500pt brett army today.

His list from memory

Lord - not sure the items 1+ armor and str 6
lvl 4 life - +1 to cast from lore of life item. Dwellers, Regen, flesh to stone, shield of thorns
BSB - not sure on items

12 bowmen
2 trebs
11 KE
11 KotR
5 Grail Knights

My List

dread peg Charmed shield, 4++ talisman, Dragon Egg, Lance full mundane
BSB on peg - Twilight cloak, full mundane, lance
lvl 2 dark on steed, scroll, doombolt, word of pain

2x5 riders shield bow, full cmd
10 xbows music shields

6 shades GW
1 RBT

2x5 warlocks

Setup- we did the whole random terrain setup. there was a hill in my deployment, a river in each corner of his deployment, a forest and a marsh in the middle of the table.

Deployment- he had a treb in each corner, and the rest of his units on the left side, I had my RBT on the hill with clear sight to everything he had. and everyone across from his main force, with my lvl 2 with dark riders lined up against his treb on the right side. he left a big enough space between his main force and right treb that I was able to deploy my shades in his deployment zone on the flank of his grail knights.

With vanguard and first turn the army he lined up against vanished, leaving only xbows across the field. The rest of the army moved toward the center. He made his first mistake during the first turn. I casted doombolt on his grail knights and he let it through killing 3 of his 5 knights. Same turn my lvl 2 IF a doombolt on his treb dealing 1 wound and blowing up 4 dark riders in the process.

The rest of the game was fairly 1 sided. He had terrible luck with his treb 1 missed its only shot before i charged it. the other misfired twice rendering it useless for 3 turns. I was able to avoid charges and continue to whittle his army down with magic and shooting.

Turn 3 I was able to position my lord for his breath weapon to hit one of his big lances after a successful soulblight on them. bottom of t3 he was able to catch a unit of locks since fleeing would result in going off the board. locks held them them for 1 turn before he finally killed them.

Turn 4 I start to engage and kill his 2 units of knights that remain.

In the end I cleared the board before his T6. he killed 1 unit of locks, and got IF dwellers on my lord who failed his test.

Victory points
Brets:536- 311(lord) 100(general) 125(locks)
Druchii1700- 1500(whole army) 100(general) 100(bsb)

This was my first game with an avoidance list and while it was effective it wasnt as fun as I had hoped.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: 1500pt Slaughter of Noble Knights

Post by T.D. »

Nice result!

I love the new Doombolt -- it is how the spell should always have been :twisted:
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Taijushue
Cold One Knight

Re: 1500pt Slaughter of Noble Knights

Post by Taijushue »

I agree, and so does my opponent now.

I have yet to lose against him and his brets since the new book came out. I am thinking I need to soften my list up a bit, drop the locks and he might stand a chance. I felt bad, he sent a full lance with his bsb into 5 locks and I was able to drop his BSB and still hold him up for a full turn.