2400 ETC-esque list with double cauldrons

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Gastronauticon
Beastmaster

2400 ETC-esque list with double cauldrons

Post by Gastronauticon »

Everyone seem to be trying out double-thingies as of lately. I was thinking that double we-horde with cauldrons might have a bit of mileage. Monstrous cav seems rather harshly comped this time around and RBTs are not. Do you guys think this would work or is is more of a gimmickey list? Frenzy is a bit tricky to use but still.

Lords

Supreme Sorceress L4 with Lore of Death
/Dark Pegasus
/Cloak of Twilight, Dispel Scroll, Obsidian Trinket

Standard build for purple sun-chucking goodness.

Heroes

Death Hag
/Cauldron of Blood

Death Hag
/Cauldron of Blood

Master BSB
/Dark Pegasus, Heavy Armour, Lance, Sea Dragon Cloak
/Charmed Shield, Dawnstone, Potion of Strength

Does this guy have a place in the list? I guess he has a bit of anti-armour capability if he gets to live that long.

Core

28 Witch Elves, full command

28 Witch Elves, full command, Razor Standard

The units are a bit small but there are two of them and four ranks are not too shabby. Would normally have one unit with flame banner but the unit is too big and expensive to risk getting stuck on a dragonbane character.

Special

2x 5 Harpies

As chaff and to stop excessive overruns.

4x Reaper Bolt Thrower

Rare

5 Doomfire Warlocks

So... what do you think?
You have reached the Department of Circular Reasoning.

Please hold.
Ajattaro
Executioner

Re: 2400 ETC-esque list with double cauldrons

Post by Ajattaro »

Looks really deadly ;)

Only thing to worry is that your BSB can have tough times surviving, no matter which hero you are using.. I don't if pegmaster can hang out with WE and survive cannon fire for long. Or hunt chaff/armour and grant reroll at the same time. Its gonna be hard to play him to full effect and make him survive.

If you keep your pegmaster BSB you might want to add gleaming pennant to other COB horde, or just give the standard to one of the DH. Then pegmaster would be free of responsibility and expandable. Obsidian trinket might be overkill, although 2+ vs magic sure is nice, but I guess enemies won't bother with cloak anyway
Payce
Executioner

Post by Payce »

Drop the Pegasus from BSB, use the points to pump the Witches up to 29 and 30 respectively, possibly add a Gleaming Pennant or Swiftness banner depending on role? Chuck the BSB in with the 29-strong Witches.
Gastronauticon
Beastmaster

Post by Gastronauticon »

Thanks. I have been fiddling around with battlescribe and do agree that the BSB needs to switch focus. I´d be uncomfortable in sticking a regular bsb with the witches as they will backstab him. A Hag bsb would be an option albeit a very frail one. Dropping a unit of harpies and the peg would afford him buffing the warlocks to a small bus. An option but that would leave me with precious little chaff so it would be doubtful I´d get the most out of the hordes anyways.

Mmm, perhaps not such a good idea after all? Well, I´d consider it at 2500pts since that would get me that little extra chaff or possibly another master to buff up the bus. Perhaps.
You have reached the Department of Circular Reasoning.

Please hold.
Ajattaro
Executioner

Post by Ajattaro »

I think that you should keep one pegasus in the list for threatening smaller units and counter charging. It is good that you have 4 RBT for anti-armor, but I think you need high strength flanker too as shooting isn't so realiable way to deal with MC etc... Flanking pegasus can stall them from charging your witches head on too

If you dare to run your SS without cloak you could get staple pegmaster that would give a lot of options for your list. Wouldn't make BSB still though