First crack at 2500 swedish comp

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

HeartofIron
Slave on the Altar

First crack at 2500 swedish comp

Post by HeartofIron »

dabbled in Dark Elves some time ago and after a long break I've decided to return and try to game it up! Local meta is pretty competitive where I am so I wanted to get something good before jumping into a fluffy corsair list. Without further ado:

Lords:
Supreme Sorceress 230
-Talisman of Preservation, Lore of life

Heroes:
Master 98
-Heavy Armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Lance, Dark Steed

Master 98

Master 173
-Heavy Armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Lance, Dark Steed, BSS, Ranger's Standard

Core:
10x Darkshards 140
-Musician, shields

10x Darkshards 140
-Musician, shields

19x Spearmen 201
-FC

5x Dark Riders 110
-musician, rxb, shields

5x Dark Riders 110
-musician, rxb, shields

Special:
3x Reaper Bolt Throwers points

18x Executioners 246
-FC

18x Executioners 246
-FC

2x War Hydras points

Rare:
7x Doomfire Warlocks points

Trying not to include point values as iirc there are some wonky rules on that in forums that I hope I have followed. Total comes in at 2497 with a 7.4 swedish comp value (though I'm real new to swedish comp, I tried to do it correctly). The strategy is to bunker the Sorceress in the spearmen and have all three masters in with the doomfire warlocks. Doomfire Warlocks run around hitting things on the flanks or trying to inflict massive casualties. Dark riders run around huning war machines, shooting at targets of opportunity or generally just making a nuisance of themselves. Hydras are cannon bait. Too cheese? Too weak? Totally messed up the way things are supposed to be used in my strategy section? I'd love to hear some comments, thanks!
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Re: First crack at 2500 swedish comp

Post by Mikael.k »

As it is a swecomp list, you´ve made som unoptimal choices IMO.

- Suprme sorceress: by having a level 3 instead of 4 would really save a lot of comp, you could have complementary level 1 or 2 with life if you wish.

- Characters on dark steeds get really expensive, really fast as they get punished a lot in the comp. Thet are counted towards the flying minuses, aswell as mounted char minuses. Mounting them on cold ones would save a lot of comp, even though they become a bit less manoverable.

- DR, the crossbows actually makes them considerably more expensive compwise. For me, they rarely kill anything, so I take mine without xbows and save the comp.

- Warlocks, you might want to consider that 7th warlock, as you are payin a ton of comp for him. Go with a unit of 6.

So, with these suggested changes your comp score should skyrocket :) Even by doing some of these changes should improve your score. Looks like a neat list! :)
HeartofIron
Slave on the Altar

Re: First crack at 2500 swedish comp

Post by HeartofIron »

Lost all my update when I hit submit, but thanks for the response! So a 7.4 comp is fine for where I play, I wasn't too worried about that. I did realize that I was less than that because I didn't realize that Dark Steeds counted toward the flying character penalty. After playing a test game at 1500 using the core of this list I came up with a few notes: I do like having the xbows on the Dark Riders, they saved me from a complete embarrassment against Lizardmen with some excellent shooting. I did feel like 2 reaper bolt throwers was enough however and so dropped the third. Due to what you pointed out about dark steeds and comp I went ahead and dropped the BSB off of a steed, I think I'll put him with some executioners. I added in a lvl 2 sorceress of metal to help deal with high armor save enemies. Here are the changes:

Lords:
Supreme Sorceress 230
-Talisman of Preservation, Lore of life

Heroes:
Master 98

Master 98

Master 107
-Heavy Armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, BSB

Sorceress 130
-Lore of Metal, level 2, talisman of protection

Core:
10x Darkshards 130
-Shields

10x Darkshards 130
-Shields

19x Spearmen 201
-FC

5x Dark Riders 110
-musician, rxb, shields

5x Dark Riders 110
-musician, rxb, shields

Special:
2x Reaper Bolt Throwers points

18x Executioners 246
-FC

18x Executioners 246
-FC

2x War Hydras points

Rare:
8x Doomfire Warlocks points

Now comps in at 8.6 with a total of 2496 points.