Hi There!

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Emo_Elf
Slave on the Altar

Hi There!

Post by Emo_Elf »

Hi. I am very excited about the return of WFB in the form of The Old World rules. I have just joined this forum to talk about Dark Elves.

I used to run a Dark Elf army some time ago in 3rd ed days. After a hiatus in which I missed out on 4th to 8th editions of the rules, I returned to GW games with AoS. ToW is due for release in a few months and I have conceived of a desire to create a new Dark Elf army specifically for the new WFB for old time's sake.

Currently, I am painting some Daughters of Khaine monster girls, which are the non Old World contents of some Battle Boxes I bought recently for the Dark Elf army. I will start the Dark Elves after Christmas as I want to get a better idea of how the rules will work before finalising plans for what build options I will choose for the models. My theme to start with will be a Corsair focused mercenary force, inspired by the lore of Mengil Manhide and his Manflayers. I used to have that guy in 3rd ed.

Anyone else going to get back into it with Dark Elves next year?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Hi There!

Post by Calisson »

Hello, and welcome to Druchii.net.
The forum is not much active anymore, but sometimes old timers lurk around.

For TOW, you must know that DE are not going to have anything more than a pdf telling how to play the units that were available in the 8th edition (not Mengil but he can pass as a shade).
Also, there is no intention from GW to make any model for DE, so we're stuck with what we have at home and AoS models.
We don't even know if the old models on 20mm bases will remain set at 20mm or will have to move to 25mm like most TOW models. Presumably but not sure.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Emo_Elf
Slave on the Altar

Re: Hi There!

Post by Emo_Elf »

PDF armies will still be playable. DE have most of the old range still available. I have a good range of the AoS models and some of the OOP models. EG: I have two blisters of repeating bolt throwers. Infantry will be on 25mm square bases. I think the base size increase from 20mm to 25mm should have been done decades ago. 5th/6th edition BG really needed a large base, for example. Still don't know about any other bases sizes.

I expect a few people will get involved and there will be some discussion of DE in ToW games. The rules have started to be revealed as the hype train gathers moment prior to release. It looks like a mix of 3rd to 8th ed with a solid foundation in Warhammer Historical. Not at all sure that DE will play like they did in 8th. Not that I was involved in WFB at the time anyway.

I will try to post some material next year as I find out what works.