Competitive list at 2000 points for 6th pure

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Caberto32
Slave on the Altar

Competitive list at 2000 points for 6th pure

Post by Caberto32 »

Hi, everyone. I'd like to show you my list. I have tried it and it has given me good results against armies like the empire, although I think it could work for any faction, with some modification. Tell me if you would improve anything.

- High Sorcerer level 4 (General). With scattering scroll, soul stone and Rod of Kharaidon. (I usually choose magic of death): 345

- Sorcerer level 2: black star cloak and scattering scroll (I usually choose dark magic): 175

- Noble in heavy armour, sea dragon cape, shield, two-handed weapon, divine eye and cloak of dark souls: 131

Basic units
- 5 Dark riders with musician, spears, without crossbows: 97
- 5 Dark riders with musician, spears, without crossbows:97
- 19 dark elf spearmen with shield, full command group: 177
- 15 crossbowmen with music and banner: 180

special units
-5 harpies: 65
-5 harpies: 65
- 2 chariots with spears: 194
- 5x shadows: 70

single units

4 x Reapers Bolt Thrower: 400

Total: 1996

PD: 9
DD: 5

The strategy is as follows:

Here it depends on the opponent's army, but usually, the level 4 sorceress goes with death lore, more offensive. While the level 2 goes with dark magic (I mainly prioritise the spell icy wind to neutralise enemy units that shoot).

The nobleman goes with the shadows to gain power in melee if I charge a war machine with the unit or flank another unit... he is equipped with the cloak that turns him into a scout to be able to go with the shadows. This, coupled with the fact that he has the divine eye, gives him a tactical advantage when deploying. Personally, I think he can be useful.

Regarding the basic units. The great sorceress goes in the spearmen unit for protection and the level 2 sorceress goes in the crossbowmen.

Chariot next to spearmen unit for support. The other chariot and a unit of dark riders on one flank, with 5 harpies as well. While on the other flank (in line with where the shadows are with the nobleman) I place another 5 dark riders with 5 harpies.

Behind my army I place the 4 Reapers Bolt Thrower. Used to kill anything that moves, starting by eliminating the support, then killing the heavy cavalry.

What do you think of the list, would you change anything?

Thank you very much
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Competitive list at 2000 points for 6th pure

Post by Daeron »

I'm afraid I can't give any advice - I haven't played 6th in 20 years (and wasn't good at it!). It's incredible to see another list for this edition.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Antisperanto
Slave on the Altar

Post by Antisperanto »

I think that you would have considerable problem with holding against heavy armoured mobile armies. Your only chance are good results with bolt throwers, but if enemy have artillery to counter them it becomes even more severe.

My experience comes form playing against Empire focused on heavy cavalry and artillery (power gaming friend), but also when I played against dwarfs some resilient and hard hitting units were necessary. Overall I like your focus on mobility, it is rewarding with Druchii, but personally I always include either Executioners or Cold One Knights, preferably both, to hold the line and deliver some heavy damage.

Without it I think our armies are incomplete and in many instances not capable to effectively fight armies like Bretonnia, Chaos, Dwarfs (at least they are slow) or Imperial heavy cavalry in bigger numbers.

Great to know that there are new people here oriented towards the 6th edition! 8)
Caberto32
Slave on the Altar

Post by Caberto32 »

Thank you very much for your advice. You are really right. Perhaps a unit of icy knights and executioners would be a good option, but what is the right amount? 6 icy knights and 12 executioners? Or could the spearmen block be replaced by the executioners?

I would then take a unit of harpies, two chariots, icy knights and an executioner block. The list would look like this:

- High Wizard level 4 (General). With scroll of scattering, soulstone and Rod of Kharaidon (I usually choose death magic): 345

- Sorcerer level 2: black star cloak and scroll of dispersion (I usually choose dark magic): 175

Basic units
- 5 dark riders with musician, spears, no crossbows: 97
- 5 dark riders with musician, spears, no crossbows: 97
- 19 dark elf spearmen with shield, full command group: 177

special units
-7 harpies: 65
-16 executioners with full command group: 206
- 6 icy knights with full command group: 219
- 2 chariots with spears: 194

unique units

4 x Reapers Bolt Thrower: 400

Total: 2001

PD: 9
DD: 5

Better now? Thank you very much ;)
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

400 points on RBTs seems excessive. I would drop 2 of them and spend the money getting a couple of units of Crossbowmen.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman