How is Your Store Running the Campaign?

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

The buoyancy of water
Highborn

How is Your Store Running the Campaign?

Post by The buoyancy of water »

Hi guys,

[rant]I went to my local store (GW Edinburgh) to buy the last unit I need for my 500pt army (marauders). While in there I asked one of the staff about signing up my army for the campaign. He took my name and army details. The card he put this on had space for a Lord/Hero, 2 Core, 1 Special and 1 Rare choice so I told him I had my warriors and furies painted and ready, could I add them to the list?

He told me only if I had a receipt proving I had brought them in the last month... I don't, I just had my Easter holiday where I was travelling round England for about a month so both my units are older then that.

So basically the only way I am going to be able to play in the summer campaign is with 1 unit of marauders until they are finished, then I can use 2 whole units after I buy the next one. My flatmate and I don't really have suitable stuff to play games at ours. Suffice to say I am annoyed, since although 500pts isn't a lot, I was making sure it was all ready and painted for the summer so I could at least play some small battles (I haven't actually played 7th ed. yet).

This just seems like another way for GW to force people into a spending spree. I know I'm not the only one out there who can't afford to do that. I just wanted to bring this fact up since it annoys me no end, and find out if this was how the campaign was being run globally?[/rant]

Cheers,
Dave

P.S. If anyone reading this is in Edinburgh and fancies a couple of 500pt games against High Elves or Chaos for the campaign please send me a PM. My flatmate and I would really like to play some games.
Lenya Talos

WS: 4
S: 3
T: 2
D: 4
I: 5

Equipment: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak, Small Brass Ring. 5 Gold

Skills: Basic Stealth.
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

No as far as I understand it you cans still play everyone in the campaign it is just if you fill out that card thing you get a badge
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Monsterofthedeep
Dark Rider

Post by Monsterofthedeep »

fingol is right,ive got one of those cards,which im gonna fill uot cos A.it fits perfectly with what i have planned for my druchii next anyway and B.i want a magic twarf talisman.so bad.
'The best techniques are passed on by those who survive'
The buoyancy of water
Highborn

Post by The buoyancy of water »

Fair enough. That's not the impression I got from the guy, but I trust the druchii community more then the GW staff most of the time anyway ;)

I'm a happy bunny now. Thanks to Fingol23 and Sithlord for sorting things out :D Someone can delete/lock/whatever this now.

Cheers,
(Happy) Dave
Lenya Talos

WS: 4
S: 3
T: 2
D: 4
I: 5

Equipment: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak, Small Brass Ring. 5 Gold

Skills: Basic Stealth.
Schillingdj
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Schillingdj »

It sounds like the Call to Arms card.

In the US, you buy and paint the choices on the card and you receive a discount for a future purchase. You have till December to finish the army. The Call to Arms program has nothing to do with the summer campaign, it is a seperate promotion. I started doing it and decided that it wasn't worth spending $200.00 dollars or more on an army to get a $5.00 discount on my next purchase.
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

My store is an actual GW store so I guess they are running it how the company wants them too.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I got the card from my GW manager, he saw me signing out my Dark elves, and gave me a greasy look and i looked at his suit case marked High Elves.....
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

Post by Prince of arnheim »

MY store in Regina,Saskatchewan,Canada is actually shutting down!!!

To end they doing Grudge Battles. You can bring in 2k and enter the tournaments to compete for 1 of 2 boxed army prizes.

I personally have never played a game there but this might motivate me.
Dancingpigeon
Highborn

Post by Dancingpigeon »

Hey PoA, I have a friend who's from Regina, I work with him over here in Australia- he is actually back over in Canada at the moment at his folks place with his Australian wife. He used to play a lot of GW and Trading card games before he left for Australia.

Do you happen to know him at all? I remember mentioning that there was someone on this forum from Regina and he said its like he knows them, as theirs a fairly small gaming community where you guys are from.

Let me know if it rings any bells.
Venkh wrote:But then if wishes were fishes, Id be captain birdseye.