The Prophecy of Demise

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

The Prophecy of Demise

Post by Kinslayer »

"Though will it come to pass that the firstborn son of noble blood shall rise to power. The child will be learned in the darkest arts and he will raise an army of terrible beasts. Thus will the Dark King fall, slain by neither blade nor arrow but by a sorcerous power of darkest magic and so shall his body be consumed in the flames and for all eternity burn."

so what do we all make of this? is it Malekith and what does that mean for our race?
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

That's been around since the 6th ed. Malekith thinks that it is implying that a male sorcerer, learnt in the dark arts of Dhar will eventually kill him. That's why all the convents allow women and Malekith has them all married to him which stops them from siring children to anyone else. If they do, then either the Black Guard or worse shall come knocking.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

You know what I never understood? Why Malekith is so anxious about this prophecy. The way I interpreted it was that it has already come true. Malekith was the son of noble blood (Aenarion... well if he wasn't noble, then who was...). He has been learned in the darkest arts (by his mummy). And he has risen an army of terrible beasts (I love hydras). And he has fallen after trying to seize the power in Ulthuan, and he has fallen to the dark magic which had corrupted his body and soul. And now he's burning until the end of the time (as a consequence of the burns he suffered from in the flames of Asuryan).

Actually this prophecy should comfort Malekith a lot... The way I understand it is that he'll live forever, though he may be hurting a bit, he can always kill High elves, can't he?

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Dam'rek
Shade

Post by Dam'rek »

You know, Mr Anderson, I had not considered that. It sounds very logical and I'd say very agreeable, that the prophecy has already come to pass. Now I can say that to other DE players in my area and look even nerdier :D. Thanks.
I will bow to you on a carpet of bones. I will bathe you in the blood of nations and fill the air with the music of murdered innocents.
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

One problem though, Malekith isn't Aenarion's Firstborn Son. Morelion is.
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Plus there's the fact that we don't have the entire prophecy, only part of it. Maybe Caledor Dragontamer was talking about Malekith, maybe he wasn't. The only safe thing to do, in Malekith's case, is to keep it business as usual and keep the convents locked tight.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Perhaps Malekith knows the prophecy well enough represents him apart from the firstborn son part, which is why he fears it would be someone else and doesnt allow male sorcerors in the covenants. Also, perhaps it refers to a son he may someday have who would be the firstborn son of noble blood once more. Maybe thats why he doesnt want to have children.
Scw
Trainee Warrior

Post by Scw »

Im fairly sure he would kill any sons he has, but how does he actually have children?. I thought the armour was fused to his skin, which would make it hard to do anything really.

But really the Dark King is a little ambigous. I mean the Strigoi had a Dark King, im sure theres a Dark King of Chaos etc I would be worried a little but I never remember prophecies Warhammer being 100%
Sorceress
Cold One Knight

Post by Sorceress »

Anyone noticed that they really lightened up on the Prophecy of Demise, male sorcerers are regarded with "disdain, fear and superstition" that's shockingly tolerant for a race that supposedly hates everything.
<Sirist> As Malus's hateful hate-juice hit his hateful opponents, each one exploded into a bloodmist, while Malus hatefully screamed, "Blood and skulls for Khorne -- I mean, Khaine!"
Aspiring executioner
Assassin

@ Sorceress
It's exactly the same as the 6th Ed. book. It's a copy-paste, every word is the same.
Sorceress
Cold One Knight

Post by Sorceress »

Not read my 6th edition book in a while but it still sounds pathetic, that's what most wizards in the Warhammer World experience.
<Sirist> As Malus's hateful hate-juice hit his hateful opponents, each one exploded into a bloodmist, while Malus hatefully screamed, "Blood and skulls for Khorne -- I mean, Khaine!"
Haf
Dark Rider

Post by Haf »

I think that Malekith's brother was born by another woman, or not? in this case, he would be a "first born".

Anyway, this prophecy says about a king, and Malekith considers himself as a king :P
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

In my opinion, I believe the prophecy does talk about Malekith, but he is the firstborn of noble blood. I know about the other children of Aenarion and how they were never seen again after the Daemon attacks, but I believe them to be dead thus making Malekith the last son but also the first because there must be a son to rise to power or the prophecy won't come true (which it must). So I believe that the prophecy is speaking of Malekith but it means that he'll be his own downfall.

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Aspiring executioner
Assassin

Khel they are dead now but when they disappeared they were kept safe by a Treeman Ancient. IMO I believe the prophecy talks about Malus Darkblade. He is a noble, could be the firstborn son (not sure on that one though haven't read Darkblade series). He rides a Cold One and that's a terrible beast and he's also a sorcerer but doesn't like using magic (yet! ;) ). He might force Malekith to enter the Flames of Asuryan and be burnt once again and die this time and be tormented eternally by Asuryan. Anyway that's my theory and I'll stick to it.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Well that's one terrible beast, so maybe if he got a couple thousand more he could call it an army of terrible beasts.

After reading the book thoroughly, I can see how Malekith has changed over the time of being the Witch King. At first, he was a general of uncanny abilities, however he had his fathers temper in my opinion. After his defeat at Finuval Plains at the hands of Teclis, Malekith has changed dramatically. He has become more morose, subtle and calculating. I really liked how Gav detailed his personality change after he went through the warp.

The fact that Malekith came back from the warp itself and the realm of chaos is truly astounding and almost brings a tear to my eye.

Iraduur nightfrost
Noble

Post by Iraduur nightfrost »

Malekith is the firstborn son of Aenarion the Defender as the legends portrait him. He is the firstborn after Aenarion walked the flames of Asuryan and after drawing the Widowmaker. So indeed Malekith is the firstborn son of a totally new entity, imbued with the power of two gods.
He is the elven conflict incarnate, so to speak for two gods battle eternally about his soul.

I agree wholeheartedly with Mr. Anderson and did so since 6th ed. I also am one of the few believers that male sorcerers are not persecuted, but only forbidden to the convents and hence their libraries.
Behold the might of the witchking!
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

I know about the other children of Aenarion and how they were never seen again after the Daemon attacks, but I believe them to be dead

You're wrong*. Yvraine and Morelion were taken into hiding and protected by one of the Treemen (Oakheart). At the end of the war, they came out of hiding, and Yvraine was crowned the new Everqueen. Morelion, for whatever reason, chose not to become the next Phoenix King (history fails to record why), and instead went to Avelorn, gathering up a number of ancient artifacts from the war and using them to ensure Yvraine's continued safety.

Malekith was the second son of Aenarion, and third child overall.

* Technically. They're both dead of old age by now, but they didn't die in the attack made on Avelorn during the First Incursion.

The fact that Malekith came back from the warp itself and the realm of chaos is truly astounding and almost brings a tear to my eye.

Why? Everybody already knew that he survived being cast into the Realm of Chaos anyway.

So indeed Malekith is the firstborn son of a totally new entity, imbued with the power of two gods.

Aenarion had the power and will of two gods within him. While it influenced his decisions, he was still Aenarion. He wasn't really a "completely new and never-before-seen entity" like you seem to be claiming.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Gibious
Highborn

Post by Gibious »

Even if it is 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% chance the noble blood is Malekith.

Wouldnt you want to make precautions against the slim chance the prophecy is actualy your demise?
...Well thats the end of my post
Iraduur nightfrost
Noble

Post by Iraduur nightfrost »

Aenarion had the power and will of two gods within him. While it influenced his decisions, he was still Aenarion. He wasn't really a "completely new and never-before-seen entity" like you seem to be claiming.

Strangely enough I get the impression Caledor the Dragontamer thought of Aenarion as a being completely changed after having drawn the Sword of Khaine. I do not speak of physical form, but he was another elf completely to before.
That "he was still Aenarion", that he was still master of all his decisions is a bit unbelievable. Do not forget, he was the first Elf to wage war in order to conquer his own realm. At last this is what cost Malekith the Throne, being raised at the dark court of Aenarion in Nagarythe.
Behold the might of the witchking!
Javert
Beastmaster

Post by Javert »

Well, my theory is, you know the Lore of Necromancy is the way Nagash twisted Dark Magic - that surely means that Dhar does have the power to raise the dead, and by terrible beasts it means creatures that have been raised from the dead, hence the use of the word raised. Other than that, I can't interpret much other than the fact I am 99.99999999999999999999999% certain that it isn't Malus Darkblade. I know everyone loves Darkblade and he's a superhero and everything, but I doubt he will be the cause of the fall of elvenkind.
"Ghost"

WS: 5
S: 2
T: 2
D: 5
I: 4

Skills: Basic Stealth, Stealth.
Inventory: Shade Cloak, Short Sword, Repeater Handbow, Legran's Token, Six Daggers, 65.5 Gold, Thieves' Tools, Wrist Blades.

Group 19 Moderator
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Why? Everybody already knew that he survived being cast into the Realm of Chaos anyway.

I don't know. Mainly because most people who throw themselves into the realm of chaos, or just get lost there, seem to wind up coming back with a few mutations. Or they just die.

At the end of the war, they came out of hiding

Ah, just in the new RB it just says how they were never seen again after the attacks and that started Aenarions spiral downwards and pushing him further to draw the Widowmaker.

Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Malus is a bastard child so that crosses him out of the prophecy.

Personally I think it's like with all prophecies... anything works but only after it have come to pass we suddenly realize "drat... that was IT"

Malekith is simply paranoid and rightly so, but there are plenty sorcerers in Naggaroth and beyond, some might be firstborn of noble blood, knowing the prophecy as well.

My personal vote is for Teclis ;)
Haf
Dark Rider

Post by Haf »

Malekith is a first son of Morathi. Prophecy doesn't talk about from which side that guy/woman must be, if from fathers, or mothers. And when she got married to Aenarion, she became a noble too.

Dalamar: I agree. The prophecy are often confusing. You believe that "this" is the true, but after it happen, you know that in fact only way how to fullfit it was your believing in your rights (and so you have done things that helped to fullfit it).
Javert
Beastmaster

Post by Javert »

HaF wrote:Malekith is a first son of Morathi. Prophecy doesn't talk about from which side that guy/woman must be, if from fathers, or mothers. And when she got married to Aenarion, she became a noble too.

Meh, I don't buy it. When it says firstborn it usually refers to the first child the man created - and besides, Morathi is not noble blood. So he can't be the firstborn son of noble blood.
"Ghost"

WS: 5
S: 2
T: 2
D: 5
I: 4

Skills: Basic Stealth, Stealth.
Inventory: Shade Cloak, Short Sword, Repeater Handbow, Legran's Token, Six Daggers, 65.5 Gold, Thieves' Tools, Wrist Blades.

Group 19 Moderator
Zakharra
Slave on the Altar

Re: The Prophecy of Demise

Post by Zakharra »

Heartrender wrote:"Though will it come to pass that the firstborn son of noble blood shall rise to power. The child will be learned in the darkest arts and he will raise an army of terrible beasts. Thus will the Dark King fall, slain by neither blade nor arrow but by a sorcerous power of darkest magic and so shall his body be consumed in the flames and for all eternity burn."

Or maybe a nobleman's first born is captured by servants of Chaos, trained in their ways (ie, darkest arts). Gather an army of Chaos tainted and warped creatures to follow him south to stomp Malekith into crushed tinfoil and goo. The prophesy states a noble born, not necessarily one of Malekith's blood. He is the likely target though.