D.A.F - Druchii Air Force - GT list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

D.A.F - Druchii Air Force - GT list

Post by Dalamar »

Simple and amazingly effective improvement on my previous list which so far massacred magic heavy Druchii and mixed Daemonic Host

Dreadlord
Black Dragon
Pendant of Khaeleth
Armour of Eternal Servitude
Deathpiercer
Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Repeater Crossbow

Master
Manticore
Ring of Hotek
Sword of Might
Heavy Armour, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow

5 Dark Riders
Repeater Crossbows, Musician

5 Dark Riders

5 Dark Riders

5 Harpies

5 Harpies

5 Harpies

5 Harpies

5 Harpies

5 Harpies

5 Harpies

Karond Kar War Hydra

Karond Kar War Hydra

Exactly 2000 points

Looks like nothing but in reality this army sows so much confusion and chaos that your opponent is left guessing how the hell to deal with *thirty five* harpies
Iyagd
Master Of Mirrors

Post by Iyagd »

Ugh, that must hurt.

I really like it, it fits few concept list I've played with around.

Though personally I'd exchange one or two harpies for Shades to spread even more confusion and other useful actions. 30-25 harpies is surely more than enough to fog every opponent's brain.
Druchii Discussion moderator.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

That's the change from last incarnation of the list.
It had 5 shades instead of 10 harpies (and a little bits here and there for points swapping)
And as far as I like shades, they did horrible compared to all the harpies flying around the table, unhindered and unstoppable.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Gibious
Highborn

Post by Gibious »

Yeah Some harpies for a shade ass squad. To vary the confusion. And keep yer general near them, even if they cant block LOS it'll suck when half your amy doesnt make it to the otherside =D (Had that once against TK when i thought they could charge at anyrange lol)
...Well thats the end of my post
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

12" away from the general is quite a lot of space ;)
7th edition army book:

Dggrj
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Dggrj »

Awesome # of harpies, too bad they're so expensive. But for a GT tournament you know what I'm afraid of for you? Vampire Counts' magic. You've got no defense against the 1-die spamming they can do, and the harpies will not be useful against all that fear if away from the general.
Linda Lobsta Defenda wrote:dggrj is correct
Woot! If it's only ever said once, I couldn't ask for a better person to say it.
Gibious
Highborn

Post by Gibious »

Dalamar wrote:12" away from the general is quite a lot of space ;)

Yes but thers 35 models to fit in a 24" diameter lol
...Well thats the end of my post
Milney
Beastmaster

Post by Milney »

Yay! Harpies! ;)

I was the unfortunate Druchii Magic-list that he massacred, where he managed to score the maximum 2500 VPs available whilst giving up, what was it, ~700VPs to my GT list.

xD

I died a little inside :P

And Harpies rock!

As for magical defense, sure 1-dice spam may be unhindered, but in our game alone, I miscast 7 (or was it 8?) times, effectively nuetering ~700pts magic investment.
"Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!"

W : D : L (7th Edition)
6 : 1 : 4
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

*gulp!* :shock:

'nuff said!

- Beanz
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

There's a way for 1 die spamming - kill off the wizards
Sure harpies might fail to charge... but three units won't :D one of them will pass even without the general (tested on daemons).

True, I want to test the army against GT VC list but it seems no vampires visit warhammer world recently >.>

And as we agreed with Milney, there's nothing better than more harpies!
harpies!
harpies!
harpies!
harpies!
harpies!
harpies!
harpies!
harpies!
7th edition army book:

[llct]kain
Assassin

Post by [llct]kain »

Hi Dalmar,

I can see your list working against a great number of enemies - but failing against others pretty well.

First would be the Asrai - they are untouchable for all your flying stuff sitting in the woods and shooting you down (and your two hydrae will get beaten by wardancers). The next would be the beloved Asur - ASF makes them quite imune to the harpies, their shooting could solve the manti early - but they will have problems wih the hydra.

Regards

P.S. Last week I ran also the dragon, manti double hydra variant vs. mono nurgle and got masacred (after masacering Thorek) - the GuO just casted the pox (9+spell) on the master in T1 (going first) with the ring and killed him. That was it - no chance to srcatch the list after this. And harpies will bounce of the nurgle infantry like water on wax.
This was quite a big crash to reality for me to see how helpless this list could be...
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Massacred Asur with the list's variant as well
Asrai are always a thorn in the side, but with this army I can just disappear if I want to. Don't fight a fight if you can't win it. I would just send hydrae and dragon to make short work of their hiding units, and no, wardancers can't really kill a hydra on their own.

Nurgle infantry? they are slow, you don't need to hurry anywhere, just move hydrae in position and fire breath to your heart's content. They will be decimated in minutes.

9+ spell requires 3 dice to be cast reasonably well... that's almost 50% chance for a miscast. It also requires LoS which means your manticore was deployed badly. Bad luck + bad positioning. You can't help bad luck but bad positioning you can fix the next game.
7th edition army book:

Milney
Beastmaster

Post by Milney »

Not to mention that Harpies have a ground movement of 5, and so could easily be used on the ground to flush out tree-hugging Asrai on the cheap.
"Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!"

W : D : L (7th Edition)
6 : 1 : 4
Godless-mimicry
Noble

Post by Godless-mimicry »

dggrj wrote:Awesome # of harpies, too bad they're so expensive.

Expensive?!? Pfft, in comparison to what?
-Godless-

Tally:

New Chaos Warriors W12 D0 L3

Dark Elves W8 D0 L0
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I think in comparison to anything else :P they come packed 2 in £7 blisters :P

Against vampires I'm hoping for no zombie bunkers, otherwise I'll send harpies in (what else? :D) to do wounds on the vamps/necros to shut down their magic.

If there is a bunker... well, a dragon from rear and uhm... lets say 4 units of harpies should decimate zombies pretty quickly ;)
Victor simic
Highborn

Post by Victor simic »

Great list.

Could this set up and variations on the theme be a new uber list seen at Tournaments ? I`ve talked to quite a few competitive gamers who are either definately, or seriously considering taking the new Druchii to upcoming Tournaments.

Some may call it cheesy, but I reckon there`s some really strong themes that could be applied to this list. Beastmaster Lord from Clar Karond with his underling (the Master) leading his regiments of Dark Riders and flocks of Harpies. Or a Dreadlord from Karond Kar with his lieutenant leading a `recon in force` style Army made up of mounted scouting regiments and flights of Harpies (from the hordes of Harpies that abound in that city) to spy out and corner the enemy for the coup-de-grace by Dragon and Manti...endless possibilities !

I`m still uncomfortable with the lack of Magic, but Dark Elves live dangerously I `spose !
Be happy, and ye shall be wise
Vishnu
Warrior

Post by Vishnu »

Awesome list, though pricey (£) - 18 packs of Harpies will set you back £126 alone. I hope you already have some! :) On a side note, what was the composition of the Daemonic Host you fought, do you remember? I love the simplicity of the list and can see how it can work very well, I've trialled a monster list with zero magic defence and Vs VC I've yet to win a game. My opponent would typically take crypt ghouls (tough blighters) who would, thanks to his corpse carts, would sometimes be ASF.. so even when I managed to get to him I would lose a number of my harpies. I think where my list fell down was that I didn't have the sheer number of flyers to present too many options/threats to my opponent. It was a small and elite force and with the lack of magic defence I was quickly out CR'd (raise ghouls) and manouevred (via Vanhels :? ).

Any chance of a battle-report?

Vish.