A question about cloning

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Neferata
Cold One Knight

A question about cloning

Post by Neferata »

Hi guys,

This might be an obvious question for some of you but I was just wondering if the traitor legions are cloning new warriors with the same original gene-seed, to expand their armies. I now it is possible to clone new warriors, or at least it says so in the CSM codex that they tried to clone a new Horus. However I wondered if they make extensive use of it or if the gene-seed of the traitor legions eventually are going to disapear when the heresy-veterans are all dead and only younger recruits remain?
Thank you for enlightening me in the matter ;).

N.
Dear Druchii and fellow gamers,
What part of; "Thou shalt not kill" did you not understand?

Scandinavia Alp Hunters
W 10; D; 4 L; 2
Lord of indecision
Slave on the Altar

Post by Lord of indecision »

Fabius bile has experimented with unlocking the secrets of the gene-seed. he seems to have had some sucess in this. at least enough sucess for the Imperium to be destorying any traces of his work, and for an entire chapter (The Salamanders) to have gone after him.
Scientists have prooved that birthdays are beneficial to your health. The more you have, the longer you live.
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Well, cloning the geneseed isn't really necessary, since you just recover the progenoids from a fallen marine and then bung them into a new recruit. That said, the Iron Warriors captured a huge imperial store of it in Storm of Iron, so they have LOTS of geneseed of some variety, and the nature of chaos in general means marines can just bounce around all over the timeline without worrying too much about when they were created.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.