The group 34 OOC thread > basically dead

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Assani wrote:
MiniGrift wrote:Assani, would still very much like to hear your thoughts on how the RP is working (or not working, as the case may be) for you 8)

Well, I am enjoying myself :D. I wanted initially to play Khitai a bit different, but I thought it best to adapt to the groupe, maybe it became to much since you think I am to nice ;). Since Kayla and Cali don't get a long, for now anyway, some of my post have been neutral or with a "mission" to hold the groupe together (as I hope we do in the future).

As for our conversations Mini, I think we have had some good ones, though my posts and English is not top nodge :oops:. I hope that we can/may have a lot more, and I am sure Cali and I will have some too.

Khitai likes both Kayla and Cali, and Kayla have touched his heart in a strange way, and it's not only "jumping in the bed way :lol: ;)".

Hope the groupe stays toghether, and that the toeless corsair comes back. If not, we should think about getting one or two more in the groupe.

Cheers 8)

Glad you are enjoying it as much as I :D

To be honest, Kayla also did not turn out I imagined, either. Continued conversations are going to be interesting (and possibly romantic - who knows?), was not too much for me at all ;)

I hope we stay together as well, we have made some progress, I think, and it's been quite enjoyable these last few weeks... I didn't know Kayla could dance and sing... (personality lapse) :shock:

Calisson wrote:So much for a constructive conversation.

1. May I ask you why you have this reaction?
2. Is it too much to ask about how to strengthen the group or how ot accept each other's roleplayed characters?
3. Don't you allow me to disagree with some of your statements?

4, If you refuse to talk IC and you refuse to talk OOC, that does not help much.

Constructive conversation? Felt more like a lecture to me :shock:

1. You talk too much!
2. Evidently, it is :P
3. Of course you can disagree. You have a free will, do you not?
4 I do not refuse to talk, I just don't feel the need to explain absolutely everything about everything.

MiniGrift wrote:
What I meant was there seems to be a lot of you/your personalities in your characters – but this is fine as I have done the same with Kayla often enough. There is always going to be parts of us in our characters, that is unavoidable.

Calis seems far too happy/jovial to be a Druchii. To everyone except Kayla (who he treats with blatant disregard and bad-mouths her behind her back at every oppurtunity) he is polite and courteous. Just doesn’t seem natural for a dark elf to act the way he does around everyone else.

Khitai seems far too ‘nice’ to be a Druchii. He also makes his intentions towards Kayla rather too obvious – this doesn’t bother me at all as it does make things that little bit more interesting, but even Kayla has begun to notice and is beginning to think he’s only interested in her for one thing (which he may well be, but that’s… acceptable ;) )

Kayla, I think, is just about miserable enough to be a true Druchii, lol

Calisson, these were simply musings of things that I had noticed during the RP and me sharing those those thoughts with you guys - they were not necessarily correct or accurate, they were just observations. I do not need nor want you explaining them in detail the way you do. You’re delving too deep into, what for me, were fleeting thoughts - stop explaining things so much.

Calisson wrote:
Now, shall we stop about juging each other's choices not to be sufficiently Druchii?

You appear to be under the disillusioned impression that I am judging your characters choices and behaviour – this is not the case! Just as Kayla is free to act how I want her to act, you and Assani are free to roleplay your characters however you want. Was just musing about how none of them seemed particularly Druchii- like (even Kayla). I do not think that is such a bad thing, by the way.

Calisson wrote:
1. Can we make a group together?

Of course we can, stop being an idiot.

Calisson wrote:
Conclusion about making a group:

Dude, seriously? Stop writing me essays and being rude, I will not tolerate such insolence!

Calisson wrote:
But if you don't want to be part of that group, I cannot help but wondering what you're doing in there at all.

This came across as being incredibly snidey! Give me some credit, at least. I am part of this Group and recently I have been enjoying that so let’s not spoil it, eh? Kayla may not be a part of the RP squad, yet, but stop forcing the issue, okay? She will join when she and I am ready!!!

Calisson wrote:
2. Roleplaying a Druchii.
Conclusion about roleplaying:

The majority of the text between these two statements was entirely unnecessary it was just a whole heep of information overload! You are delving WAY too deep into fleeting thoughts of mine and explaining things unecessarily. I can make my own mind up about how a druchii, or my characters, are going to behave. See what I wrote at the beginning of my… response for further clarification.

Why do you feel the need to teach me all the things I already know? Essays and conclusions? I am not your pupil and this is not a classroom :P
This is more a comment about your style, rather than the contents of your post.
;)

I have written about a dozen short stories. I write poetry. I have re-wrote a fantasy novel six times, and have attempted several other books before that. I have an HNC in Professional Writing. As well as all that I used to teach role-playing on another site and participated in various RP's on that forum (I even wrote an article about it for a college magazine). Why are you trying to preach to me about group dynamics and roleplaying?

Apologies if this turned into a bit of a rant - it's not an angry rant by the way. My birthday is next week and it was my friends today, we had a barbecue in his yard and his dad beat me at pool several times. So, unlike my usual sour and miserable self, I am actually fairly happy right now. But tired as, once again, I could not sleep.

PLEASE! Calisson, I implore with every ouch of my being, just stop nit-picking every goddamn thing I say! And stop writing me essays! If you want to know something, just ask in a straight-forward, normal way, without trying to influence my decisions.

Now then, can we stop all of this nonsense before it get's out of hand? 8)
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

MiniGrift wrote:... simply musings ...
... You’re delving too deep ...
... She will join when she and I am ready ...
So that was it! Thanks for the clear answers! :D
My long posts show my dedication. Sorry if I fail to guess what you know.

I'll try not to spoil your birthday. Have a happy one! :D
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Right, good, well, glad that's cleared up :roll:

Calisson, I did not need, want or ask for explanations about your characters behaviour. I simply accept it for what it is. Maybe you should give me the same courtesy regarding Kayla.

If I want an explanation about anything regarding your choices and your characters actions, I will ask for one.

There has been numerous times I have tried to get Kayla into a conversation with Calis - he sees what she does, but he does not seem to understand why she does these things.

Calisson wrote:She just refused to share any food or drink with us, didn't she?

Why did she refuse? Because the last time she got drunk she killed seven people (Calis doesn't know it, but that was the demons influence). She said with a smile: "Don't tempt me!" This was an attempt at humour. Knowing that she killed seven people under the influence of alcohol, would Calis still offer her a drink?

Calling someone a "bumptious buffoon" is not spitting words of venom, nor is she renouncing Khitai's and Calis's relationship/friendship. She wants to be a part of that, but Calis is going to have to accept Kayla before she can be a part of the group - -

MiniGrift wrote:Stay together as a group? A group signifies unity, and thanks to Calis, we are anything but united. He will never accept me...

Calisson wrote:What you call bad mouth is just telling the truth.

Calisson wrote: The blue hair warrior seems to have left her mind in Northern Naggaroth. [i] - assuming she has any -.
I doubt she is interested in honours and I would be surprised to see her willling to be tied to your house. - If you knew her, you'd not be interested either -.
She has proven some ability in finding where the danger is. - and proven the will to send everyone head-on into it -.
I can't speak for herself, as I'm well aware. - she doesn't like what I say, whatever I say -.

Calisson wrote:If you're not happy with the tales, why did you have Kayla act in such way in the first place?

MiniGrift wrote:Kayla, on the other hand, is quite morbid and is obsessed with dying because she hasn't a reason to live etc etc. You will also recall that she was possessed by a demon, that has to have some adverse effects, right? Her goals are also rather more... complex. I hope you appreciate that I am just trying to play certain ideas/concepts with them.

Believe me, Calisson, there are reasons for Kayla's actions and behaviour. Just because I choose not to explain them in lurid, agonising detail, does not mean that I am "refusing" to talk.

Calisson wrote:Kayla, I think, is just about miserable enough to be a true Druchii
Kayla typically lacks the discipline, cunning and intelligence to be a typical Druchii.

Calisson wrote:If every Druchii had to abide by the same stereotype, RPing in D.net would be boring.

Kayla is NOT a typical Druchii, neither do I want her to be and so I am not playing her as one… In fact, she isn’t even wholly dark elf, her father is Druchii, but her mother was human/demon.
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hey, cool, Mini,
I asked to stop criticizing each other's characters, I thought you agreed when you asked to stop all this nonsense, I even made my following post much shorter, no need to resume! ;)

-=-=-

Please, when you quote, make a difference between what Calis'Shad says (in bold), what he thinks but does not say aloud (in italics), and what I (Calisson) say (OOC).

Calis'Shad will keep on being played with what he knows (i.e. not taking in account OOC comments or thoughts written in italics - but remembering facts and loud spoken words).
When Calis'Shad criticizes Kayla, the last thing he knows, adding to a long list of griefs topped with a murder attempt, is that Kayla refused his peaceful gift to share drink and food - a severe offence for all nomadic people - and she add an insult calling him a "bumptious buffoon".

I wish Kayla to be more involved in the group. I had Calis'Shad make many steps for that despite all rebuffs. He cannot overcome Kayla's stubborn refusals but he can live with that.

-=-=-

On my personal side, I do make a difference between what Kayla thinks or say, and what you (MiniGrift) say directly.
However, when you say that we put lots of our own personality in our characters, and follow by a flat jugement that Cal is a coward, how am I to take that?
I don't take offence because you later mentioned that to be only musings, but still, I expect you to show more respect than Kayla, both for me and for Calis'Shad.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Apologies, Calisson, but I feel that I do need to explain some things to you.

MiniGrift wrote:There has been numerous times I have tried to get Kayla into a conversation with Calis - he sees what she does, but he does not seem to understand why she does these things.

Calis does not understand why Kayla does the things she does. Neither, it seems, do you – which is why I tried to explain a little.

Calisson wrote:However, when you say that we put lots of our own personality in our characters, and follow by a flat jugement that Cal is a coward, how am I to take that?
Calis'Shad.

This is the second time you have accused me of judging your character. I can only think of him in relation to Kayla so I can determine her thoughts and actions towards him. How can I hate someone who does not exist? Makes no sense :P

MiniGrift wrote:Calis and Kayla are just too different from each other to get along properly. Calis is a coward who flees from any close combat and likes to watch(? He's had plenty of opportunity to watch Kayla in action!). Kayla suicide-charges at enemies, the more the better, because she loves to fight and she wants to die, only she has not met anyone/anything that will give her the mercy she craves - she seeks an end to the burden of living. There are other differences, but that is the most obvious one - aside from the different sex!

We are just too different to get along properly… How are you going to take that statement? Does this mean that we shouldn’t even try to get along?

I was just pointing out one of the key differences between our characters – Calis does not like to fight, therefore, Kayla thinks he is a coward. Calis seems to enjoy living, whereas, Kayla does not. I added in a little humour at the end to show that it was not meant in all seriousness.

Calis does bad mouth Kayla, truth it may be, but it is the truth according to him – Kayla sees things very differently. This comes back to my first quote, he judges her on her actions, but does not understand why she has done them.

Calisson wrote:I don't take offence because you later mentioned that to be only musings, but still, I expect you to show more respect than Kayla, both for me and for Calis'Shad.

So, now you are accusing me of being disrespectful? Respect works both ways, Calisson!

Twice now I have offered you my apologies for supposed ‘greivances’ that I have heaped upon your person. Have you ever once thought to apologise for all the greif you have caused me?

You may talk like the sun never goes down in real life, and I imagine that you do, but I do not like to talk too much because people these days take offence way too easily, they generally take things the wrong way, or entirely out of context - which you have done with me so many times. You always take me seriously when I am making light-hearted conversation. You accuse me of being judgemental and disrespectful, how am I to take that? You constantly seek to explain things to me that I do not need or ask for explanations on - not only that you do it in such and insulting and patronising way that I cannot help but get annoyed with you. If you 'fail to guess' what I know, don't make assumptions on what you think I might know. You say you accept me as I am, yet it feels like you constantly seek to undermine me and make me out as some sort of bad guy, how do you think that makes me feel?

Calisson wrote::shock: Do you mean... that you're quite like Kayla in RL?

Yes, I am. Both Nathra and Kayla have facets of my personality within them. Nathra enjoys stimulating conversations with members of the opposite sex, she is quirky, weird and quite sarcastic at times. She likes to ask questions of people and is genuinely interested in people and their stories/backgrounds. She likes peoples company but does not always feel as if she belongs with the group in which she travels – she is a shade but was born a noble, she often feels alienated from her surroundings. She enjoys cooking and, for the most part, she is friendly and well liked, she also enjoys teasing people, and get’s irritated when they take offence by it. Nathra reflects my ‘out-going’ personality.

Kayla feels as if she is caged and tries to control her emotions – it is when she gets angry or emotional that the demon within can take advantage of her weakened state. I am usually calm and taciturn, but when irritated I can act irrationally (as you’ve probably noticed). Kayla enjoys peace and quiet, solitude for meditation or for one of her extreme workouts. I enjoy peace and quiet to read or write, or because people annoy me. Whilst I am not quite as obsessed about dying as Kayla is, I have often thought of commiting suicide (and even attempted it once) and often think of my own mortaility. I am also obsessed with dead things, if I see roadkill or a animal carcass I will go over and have a good look. Kayla, rather abstractedly, is obsessed with the things she has killed, in a sort of “why weren’t you good enough to kill me” sort of way. Just as I, she has spent most of her life ‘just existing’, she hasn’t really actually lived a life worth living and feels as if she has nothing to live for.

People ask me when I meet them: “What do you do?” And I will answer: “I exist.”

Calisson, you explaining things to me in over-excessive detail is annoying, especially since I never asked you to. Can’t you just accept my thoughts - neither necessarily ‘accurate or correct’, just thoughts - without having to mull over them and pick holes in them? There are times when I have purposely ignored you, because if I had not then you’d be a receiving a verbal lashing from me – which I do not want. Better to be ignorant than start a war over nothing, right? You accuse me judging your characters, but I often feel like it is you who is judging me! Live and let live… Maybe smoke a joint or two, that might chill you out some!

PS: It would be extremely hypocritical of me to 'judge' your characters as not being sufficiently/typically Druchii when I am not playing one myself, wouldn't it?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Dear MiniGrift pen pal, ;)

Hey, that's good to have some deep OOC exchange! :)

Sorry for any grief I may have caused to you. If you need specific apologizes in addition to the many "sorry" already stated, let me know.

I do respect you, this can't be an issue.
In RL, I'm known to be calm, moderate and tolerant. There's no reason to change that for you.
Even if I ever started to smoke whatever substance, legal or not! :mrgreen:

-=-=-

What is life worth living for?
I could write many lines on that topic, if I were not afraid to look like a teacher writing essays. :roll:
It seems to me that showing an interest in knowing people, and writing novels - and participating to G34 - is much more than merely "existing".
But who am I to judge, when I've been blessed with a life so full that fantasy seems pale in comparison... and more to come (not the least in G34).

-=-=-

I'm happy to keep Cal and Kayl quarrel all the time about futile things, this adds depth to the RPG - as long as you and me take it the light side.
OOC comments are welcome to help keep it that way.

Still, the group has to be able to perform as a whole.
Do you have any idea about how to reconciliate Kayla and Calis'Shad (to a point)?
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Just wanted to be absolutely certain that you understood that you do not need to mollycoddle me or explain everything to me! I am perfectly able to draw my own (possibly wrong) conclusions all by myself. I do not need you to explain my thoughts for me :P

One apology is sufficient, thank you 8)

If you like, I could go through your "me cyan, you orange" post and point out all the time's I could have taken offence, but I feel that may be excessive, and, I do hope, that I've already made my point!

Don't mistake it for anything to do with the role-play as I've really been enjoying it recently and I wish to maintain that level of fun - for all of us!

Indeed, what is a life worth living? That is a very profound question, and only you can determine that for yourself. I would just be content with happiness, once that is achieved, then I'll strive for something better!

Back to the RP:

Have said already that I've tried to get Kayla into a conversation with Calis, I think the last time Smiler modded them apart, which was perfectly understandable as they were looking for different things. Kayla teased him about wearing make up and lipstick, he seemed to take it in the manner in which it was meant. But, this was when she was having a "personality lapse" as I felt like having a bit of fun instead of having her drab and moody all the time.

Just to be clear, Calis 'bad-mouthing' her does not particularly bother me as it is strictly RP related. I just think that, if he actually took some time to try and see something from her point of view, or tries to understand why she acts or says certain things, his judgements of her may not be so harsh.

He seems to take everything she does as a personal insult:
Refusing to share drink
Murdering Athyia
Trying to kill him
Not 'thanking him' for cauterizing her wound
Questioning his orders (even when they are clearly impractical)
The refusal to obey his 'commands'
Getting angry at his stubborn behaviour

The list could go on but these are the few things that immediately come to mind (feel free to add your own, by the way) - there are good explanations for all these 'transgressions'. The only one that isn't obvious or easy to guess at from a Calis point of view, is her trying kill him (hint, it wasn't just her anger).

Things take time. It would be unrealistic to have Kayla just suddenly like everyone and bow her subservience to all other characters within the RP. I have an agenda for her to keep things not only exciting and interesting for myself, but also to keep things more exciting and interesting for you guys. Roleplaying is a bit like storyteling, things don't just 'happen', you need to build up to them.

In a metaphorical sense, I am building bridges ;)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

<wishful thinking>
If we can have such OOC conversatlion, Kay & Cal might well, too.

-=-=-

"if he actually took some time to try and see something from her point of view, or tries to understand why she acts or says certain things, his judgements of her may not be so harsh. "
... and reversely.

Don't worry. Calis'Shad has proven to be able to (mis)understand in a positive way what was obviously a negative, i.e. "you understood well my plan", or "the group is tying up together". I made these "mistakes" on purpose, they could have been taken as opportunities to reassemble the gang (alas, didn't work).
This more than balances out the negative overperceptions.

It will happen again. Calis'Shad is as likely to resent harshly what was meant to be menial than to wear pink goggles and see brightness in a gloomy reality. The more awkwardly comic the misperception, the better.
However, next time, I should make the pun OOC.

-=-=-

Am I somehow like that, too?
<wishful thinking>
If we can have such OOC conversatlion, Kay & Cal might well, too.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

"Kayla and Calis are just too different to get along properly."

Just because I say or think one thing does not automatically mean that I have not considered, or am unaware of, an alternative. There are always two sides to every coin. Does this mean that they shouldn't even at least try to get along, improperly or otherwise? If we can have such OOC discussions, then why can't K and C?

Kayla listened to and clearly understood his plan but did not agree with it. Conversely, instead of actually listening to what she had to say he stubbornly told her the same thing time and time again, despite her making it abundantly clear that she was unwilling to do as he asked - this can fall into the last 3 points of my "Calis takes everything she does as a personal insult" list.

Calis may understand his own negative or positive behaviour, but it is highly likely that Kayla will not.

It is highly likely it will happen again, I would even go as far to say that it is inevitable :roll:

Without wishing to sound rude, you are "somehow like that" - at least, that is how you appear to be... But perhaps, like me, you are simply misunderstood?
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

GUYS, GUYS, I'M BACK...

*spends 45 minutes reading through the OOC thread*

*slaps Mini and Cal with a large and very ripe fish*

goddammit guys! Why is it whenever I leave you two on your own you end up at each others throats :evil: Well I guess I should thank the assorted pantheon of Naggaroth that you at least appear to have come to some kind of accord this time. *sigh* I guess I'll go read through all the IC and write the modpost now, not that the pair of you deserve it *grumble grumble*

Good work trying to be the middle man/staying out of it Assani
Opus vos liberaverit
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

Okay, so just read through the IC post and was pleasantly surprised by the lack of murder and rape, I withdraw my fish-slapping.

Just before I write the modpost I'll check where everyone intends to be at the end of it, the way I see it:
- Kayla has a workout then goes to find Gareth
- Calis says goodbye to Gareth then finds the chef
- Khitai... Continues recuperating?
- TCFKAS is severely absent
That about right?
Opus vos liberaverit
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Calisson is to blame and it is his fault - that's my view on the matter :P

Welcome back, Smiler. *Gives Smiler one of his most awesomest Grifty hugs* :D
You've been sorely missed - was beginning to think you had abandoned us :oops:

Aside from a few misunderstandings in the groups, everything has been running... smoothly :roll:

Your summary looks accurate. It would be nicer if Gareth were to approach Kayla, he made the same courtesy for Calis and Khitai, and it would also reflect better in Kayla's thoughts/actions towards him.

So, how about it? If you have the time and the incentive, how about a little role-playing between Gareth and Kayla?

Welcome back, by the way... 8)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

He's back!
How did the exams go?

In your absence, I had to teach the troublesome kid a thing or two, and he seems to behave for now. ;)

"- Calis says goodbye to Gareth then finds the chef"
Perfect.
Looking frowards to reading about RP between Kayla and Gareth. :P
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

I do not appreciate being called a 'troublesome kid', especially since you're the one who started the whole charade, Calisson.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

:lol:
Knew that. Added the blinking smiley to help everyone understand that the provcative attack was just a joke.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

C'mon Smiler, get that mod post up aleady. Feels like I've been waiting an age, it was my birthday last week so you can consider it a late birthday gift, hehe
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

@Cal - whats with the little post? I would have thought you (and Calis) would relish the opportunity for a nice fluffy chat after so long not having the group at all. On a more selfish note, glossing over dialogue like that is a pain in the arse for me as I have to try to come up with both sides of a conversation while portraying Calis in a similar matter to you, otherwise all you get is a couple of lines to the effect of 'the cook said hi, calis said hi, calis gave the cook some knives, the cook asked Calis to help with the patients', which is intensly boring for me to write and you to read and everyones left holding the short end of a particularly stumpy stick. So yeah, could you put a bit more detail into dialogue with the NPCs please, because remember the AIs are people too.
Opus vos liberaverit
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Sorry for yesterday's post, I was in a bit of a hurry but did not want to delay the group.
As said OOC, the quicker we're done with solitary RP, the sooner we can resume collective RP.
I'll try to find time to elaborate more a dialogue.
Hoping that nobody will complain with too many words. ;)

-=-=-

EDIT Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:00 pm
I'm on the verge of a professional change.
Might not be as available as I've been in the past.

Now, if the pace remains as during last week, I should be able to cope with that... :roll:
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

Wass uuup! Is this a closed group now? Rofl

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

yeah , I know I know. Unfortunately life has decided that just after my exams is the perfect time to repeatedly metaphorically (and one time literally) kick me in the balls. The result being that I have run low on motivation and time and so the IC slow bit of the RP that should have been whipped through nice and quick IRL has so far lasted, what? a month and a half? *sigh* life sucks :(
Opus vos liberaverit
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Life does indeed suck sometimes! I've been at rock-bottom and have the physical and mental scars to show it, so I'm not gonna tell you life is always peachy. Life will throw punches but you just got to bite it in the balls or kick it in the teeth.

I enjoy these parts of the RP where our characters can get chatting and do something other than hacking our enemies limb from limb. A good conversation is just as good, if not better, than a good fight in my opinion.

Anyway, Smiler, take your time man. I'm sure you will return to us when you're ready.
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

tahda, probably one of my best modposts so far ... And still very little for Khitai/Assani to do ... Realism may have to take a back seat in future in anatomy, because it sucks that a character has been locked out of some nice fluffy RP due to heroism. I shall try to consider this in future, or at least make sure you each get equally screwed by horrific, debilitating injuries :twisted:

Also thanks Mini, hearing how crap your life has been was just the pick-me-up I needed ;) but seriously I am no stranger to life's shitty end, though most of my scars are mental, so I have no illusions toward life. Still, thanks for the kind words.
Opus vos liberaverit
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Started a new work.
Internet acces OK, leisure time much less than previous.

Will keep on RPing here.
At present, I leave Mini to post.
Understand that there's an urge to come & see Kithai, but I would like first to see how Kayla reacts. I'll adjust my RP post accordingly.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

No trouble at all, Smiler, glad that my suffering has helped you through yours 8)

All your mod-posts are great, so no worries there :D

I have no qualms if, sometimes, our characters need to be absent so the others can do what they need to do. Kayla has, twice now, had to... do not much while the others do what they gotta do! If it helps keep things interesting and advance the story, then it's all good ;)

By the way, though Kayla has spoken a fair bit to Gareth, she's still not said or asked everything she has wanted to. But, not sure how long/how many posts I'll um, be allowed for Kayla and Gareth to have a good chat... hehe
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

OK, nothing to adjust.
Going to see Kithai in order not to leave Assani idle.

The less we leave some characters out of the story, the better.
Now, having characters going on diverging stories is just more work for the Mod. If Smiler is happy with that, I can't complain.