how to deal with fanatics

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Lord_carnage
Beastmaster

how to deal with fanatics

Post by Lord_carnage »

Hi all,

i will be playing DE tonight against O&G. Any ideas how i should deal with fanatics? Sent harpies to their doom and hope the all die before i have to take panic tests in other units?
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: how to deal with fanatics

Post by Omnichron »

That or dark riders to get them out (probably losing the unit in the process), and then just let them kill themselves or his units as it's closer to his units than yours... or you can shoot them down with some well placed shots as well after they are drawn out.
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

That's what harpies are for. Didn't change from previous army book (except more expensive).
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Ehakir
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ehakir »

Or you can go stand behind the unit besides his NG unit and lure the fanatics out. If you manage to get within 8", he can decide to throw his fanatics through his own unit to hit yours or he can decide not to do so. Also, as the fanatic then probably cannot end his move between his and your unit, he will end up behind your unit. And remember, if his movement roll does not reach your unit, he will not inflict hits on your unit.
"Ceterum censeo Ulthuan esse delendam"
-Ehakir

3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.
Murphy'sLawyer
Trainee Warrior

Post by Murphy'sLawyer »

I play O&G also and the most frustrating thing a player can do is to take a Chaff unit and place it exactly 8" from the NG unit turn 1 which on average half of the Fanatics do not make it to the chaff leaving them right in front of my lines.(The Orc's) This prevents me from moving foward much turn 1-2 and the Fanatics are just as likely to come back into my lines as they do going into my opponent's lines becuase they are still just outside of their deployment.

Darkriders vanguard forward then march to exactly 8" outside of their nightgobbos frontlines. With any luck you can also get their savage orcs to frenzy charge the DR right through a fanatic and screw up their battlelines.

Also if your DR's survive till your turn again you can then get them out of there easliy do to fast cav's reform rules.
Dirty Mac
Assassin

Post by Dirty Mac »

My mate plays O&G, during deployment I keep one unit of harpies till last, and they get dropped in front of the NG unit. Fly them over first chance I get.
Rejoice and Revel in the Triumph of the Dark.

Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

Murphy'sLawyer wrote:I play O&G also and the most frustrating thing a player can do is to take a Chaff unit and place it exactly 8" from the NG unit turn 1 which on average half of the Fanatics do not make it to the chaff leaving them right in front of my lines.(The Orc's) This prevents me from moving foward much turn 1-2 and the Fanatics are just as likely to come back into my lines as they do going into my opponent's lines becuase they are still just outside of their deployment.

Is it not possible to sling shot the fanatics through Snotlings anymore? You used to be able to sit the Snots 3 or 4 inches in front of the Fanatics, and when they get triggered jump them through thereby increasing the range and effectiveness.
Colonel
Black Guard

Post by Colonel »

Keep an eye out for forests or buildings that you can get into near the fanatics.. shades or harpies jump in there and are are safe from the fanatics they release.