3000 points tournament results

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Deplayer
Trainee Warrior

3000 points tournament results

Post by Deplayer »

Somi just played a brawler bash style tournament today. For those who don't know, this type of tournament is scored using only the points you kill, so if you table your opponent you get 3000 pts, but if you kill each other to the man and in the last round of close combat you simultaneously kill each others last models you would both advance with 3000 pts. I bring this up because it influenced some of my decisions on my last game, as I basically made charges that I would not normally have declared because loosening the unit didn't matter as long as they killed some units too. Anyway, bottom line up front, I won first place, althought it was a small tournament.

My army
Lv4. SS w/ scroll and dark
Hag with cry of war and cob
Peg master with cloak of twilight (this guy was overrated and didn't produce as much as I would have wanted)
Tullaris

15 RXBs with mus, banner and flaming banner
10 RXBs mus
24 we full comm, swift banner
5 dark elves

10 COK full com razor banner
34 executioners full comm ld banner
5 shaded, gw
2 RBT

5 locks
1 karidyss

My first game was against the brettonians, he had 3 big lances of knights with like 15 knights each, 2 errantry knights, 1 grail knights, he had 2 units of 5 questing knights to clear chaff, a couple of archer units, a big unit of 50 men at arms, 3peg knights and 2 trebuchet.

Deployment was nothing special, and With the prayer I got the first turn. This was huge because it allowed me to scout and vanguard by near his line and then on the first turn move though his lines and threaten charges on the trebuchets second turn. First magic phase I cast blade wind on the men at arms, I didnt know this but yeah, they have ws2. Blade wind killed half the unit. I moved almost everything up. His turn he charged the rest of the men at arms at the witch elves with cauldron of blood. Yeah all the men at arms died before they could attack. A few fled and I pursued into a knight unit that also died. As mi witch elves were cleaning up one flank, the 2 units of errant knights with the bsb and lord moved 6 inches in front of the executioner hord, with the grail knights possitioning for a flank charge on the executioners should they be in locked in combat with the errant knight lances. He also had 5 questing knights protecting the grail flank as my COK were lined up to flank the grails. This turned out badly as the COK charged the questing knight, murdered them to the man, over ran into the grail knight flank, killed 5 of them, broke them and Rea them down. The executioners also charged the errant lances, and over 2 rounds of combat deleted both units. While all this was going on the shaded had killed one trebuchet and the the locks had and shooting had killed the archers and were about to kill the other trebuchet. Also the peg master charged, beat and chased off the board the peg knights. All by the start of the third turn. All in all a slaughter. I moved forward with over 3600 pts due to the objectives too.

My next opponent was vampire counts with 2 huge units of 50 Skellies each, stragoi goul king with saranscath, a big unit of zombies, a zombie bunker, 2 units of 7 cript horrors, 2 mortis engines, a banshee and carin wraith, unit of fell bats, one unit of wolves, and a spirit host and corps cart. My first turn I put bladewind on the unit of skeletons with the general in it and killed 37 skeletons. Also managed to put 4 wounds on one mortis engine with shooting. He kept invocations the wounds back onto the mortis engine but I eventually killed it in turn 4 where the resulting explosion killed more of his units than mine. Turn 3 i charged the depleted unit of Skellies with the general in it and in 2 rounds of combat the general popped and the ensuing crumble saw the second mortis engine roll box cars and pop along with the corps cart. Simultaneously the executioner horde worked through first one then the second unit of cript horrors, with a little help from word of pain to defang the cript horrors. The witch elves and executioner hord, along with some very nicely placed bladewinds on skelletons and zombies ahnailated his whole army. the one really bad aspect of this game was a lone carin wraith that charged alone into my COKs and beat them time and time again, braking them and almost pursuing them off the board, where they rallied, received a charge again, lost, and fled off the field. One lone carin wraith made my COKs punks. Other than that i wiped him out.

My last game was against woc and did not go so well. He had 2 deamon princes, one nurgle one khorne, 2 chimeras, 4 slanesh charriots, a unit of chaos knights, 16 khorne warriors, unit of dogs, a disk lv2 caster and a mounted lv 2 tzinch caster. We danced around each other a lot, him trying to get his flyers behind my units to flame templet them, and me trying to keep him in front of me to prevent that. My peg master popped a charriot turn one but then redirected into his knight unit where his tzinch champ with a 3++ turned him off, the master failed ld fled and got ran down. His disk caster had infernal gateway, and killed all but 2 COKs and the karydiss, and both bolt throwers with it. I eventually killed both chimeras with shooting, shades in close combat (they did 2 wds with their gw before being attached and tstomped to death), and doom bolts. I ran down a fleeing charriot with the last 2 COKs but then they died to the deamon prince. I shot the dogs, and charged the warriors with the witch elves and cauldron. I killed most of the warriors who fled and were eventually finished off by a doom bolt from the warlocks. Unfortunately this pulled the witches way out of possitioning and they subsequently got held up by the nugle unbreakable deamon prince then combo charged by the other deamon prince, a charriot, and the knight unit. They faught valliently and the 5++ made the really resilient but in the end just lost too many and broke and were run down. That was pretty much the game. Never got the executioner hord into combat. I killed just about 1200 of his and he killed about 1600 of mine.

It was a loss but I killed enough to stay in the lead and won the tournament. Malekith would be pleased. It was a really fun long day of gaming and I learned that agains WoC you can't have the WE go unsupported. You have to keep them in tandem with the executioners or they will get swarmed. Sorry for no pictures, but I hope you enjoyed reading the summary.
Dragon9
Assassin

Re: 3000 points tournament results

Post by Dragon9 »

Thanks for the write up and congrats on showing who the superior race is! :)
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image