Item combo question. And about ranking

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

durabigael
Slave (off the Altar)

Item combo question. And about ranking

Post by durabigael »

If i was using a lord with the Twilight cloak + a cold blade (might be the wrong name i don t have my codex) , does that mean all atk that hit , automaticly will do d3 wound ?

Next question , if i want my sorceress to be in my second rank to avoid being targetted , the only way is that to have a 5X4 formation , full command up front with 2 more character so she don t have room ? ANd if i had an assasin in the unit , when i reveal my assasin , can i put him upfront and put my sorcresss 2nd rank

Thank you
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Re: Item combo question. And about ranking

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

your looking for Chillblade ;) and it only makes your hits Auto-Wound. The target still gets to take his Saves (Armor, Ward, Regen) any wound fails gets multiplied into D3

yes thats the only way for you to have her in the Second rank (you could alternatively reform the unit into 3 wide but then you'd lose your rank bonus)
as for the Assassin, if your not in combat you should be able to put her in the second rank. when in close combat tho you cant force her into the second rank and your Sin will be put there instead.
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

It is also possible to get your Sorceress in the second rank by placing her in a unit with a Bloodwrack Shrine, or putting a character in the unit on a Dark Pegasus, provided the pegasus is on a 40mm base.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
MangoPunch
Noble

Post by MangoPunch »

Chill Blade + Cloak of Twilight on the charge would devastate anything with high toughness but no saves...
-JGB

Group 42 - Harkyl Anroc - Shade
WS: 5 / S: 2 / T: 2 / D: 5 / I: 5
Equipment: Staff, Throwing Knives
Inventory: Mysterious Map
Skills: Awareness, Basic Stealth, Defensive Fighting
Geist
Noble

Post by Geist »

Only problem with chill blade is you can not up your ST with out magic. So against anything with even a 3+ save means good luck chump style.
Flyers for the win in 8th.

DEATH FROM ABOVE DRUCIH AIR CAV!!!!

The Machine will grind you down.

The League of Extraordinary Druchii