Shadows Over Nuln 2.5k Tournament

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

LordAK
Trainee Warrior

Shadows Over Nuln 2.5k Tournament

Post by LordAK »

Greetings Lord Malekith,

I am here to report Your Excellency on our war campaign over the lands of Nuln.
Crone Hellebrone herself led our forces in the war, atop her personal Cauldron of The Bloody Handed God.
She sent you her gratitude for the Black Guards regiment my king, for they have proven themselves worthy of their high reputation.
It was a swift victory.

Shadows Over Nuln
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: Shadows Over Nuln 2.5k Tournament

Post by Amboadine »

Thanks for the link and congratulations on the win. Some nice looking armies there.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Are you from Malaysia by any chance?

Loved the photos and write ups ...and your results weren't too bad either ;)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
LordAK
Trainee Warrior

Post by LordAK »

Yup.. I'm a Malaysian. Are you a fellow countryman or from the friendly neighborhood, Singapore :)
Zarb
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Zarb »

Some lovely looking armies and grats on the win :)

Question however, in game 1, Hellebrone makes way to fight the knighrs, is she actually allowed to do that on a cauldron?
Gerner
Noble

Post by Gerner »

Nice report!
I like the twist of "Shadows over Bögenhafen". :P
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Gerner wrote:"Shadows over Bögenhafen"

That brings back some good memories :)
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Zarb wrote:Some lovely looking armies and grats on the win :)

Question however, in game 1, Hellebrone makes way to fight the knighrs, is she actually allowed to do that on a cauldron?

Actually no. She could not make way to the flank. The special rules for the Cauldron overrule the make way rule. She has to stay center front.

But I was really impressed with the quality of the armies and gaming tables. Nice to see good looking terrain at a tournament. Usually you only see crude hills and pieces of cut felt for woods. :P
LordAK
Trainee Warrior

Post by LordAK »

Actually no. She could not make way to the flank. The special rules for the Cauldron overrule the make way rule. She has to stay center front.

Oh.. is that so? That was huge as the knights might actually hurt the Black Guards a lot with no way for Hellebrone to fight back. I need to have another look at the rulebook on this. Can someone pinpoint to me where I should look at for this?

But I was really impressed with the quality of the armies and gaming tables. Nice to see good looking terrain at a tournament. Usually you only see crude hills and pieces of cut felt for woods.

Yeah.. I am a fan of the tables there, be it 40k or WFB. Good tables makes good pictures for batreps :).
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

LordAK wrote:

Oh.. is that so? That was huge as the knights might actually hurt the Black Guards a lot with no way for Hellebrone to fight back. I need to have another look at the rulebook on this. Can someone pinpoint to me where I should look at for this?

Page 47 of our Dark Elf Army Book (English edition). Under Will of the Gods. "...must always be placed in the centre of the front rank."

So she can't make way. BUT...if she accepts a challenge then your foe is assumed to have moved a character to touch her even if the models are not physically moved. Accepting or issuing a challenge is the only way to get her to fight when you are hit in the flank. If I recall, your situation did not involve a challenge.

Hope that helps. :)
LordAK
Trainee Warrior

Post by LordAK »

I've spent some time going through the rulebook and the DE army book. In the end, I have to agree with you. The wording in CoB entry specifically mention, it can join or leave units like a character, but otherwise is not a character.

I should do a rematch with the guy :)